Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WN Caprice V Sports Front Armour "Not available".

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
Scrapes and scratches under the front lower fairing are very, very common. Ask any techie what he sees during inspection and he will tell you about the various scrapes, scratches, gouges and fractures visible under the front, most having occurred from running over the top of stop chicanes or curbs, and it will happen again and again irrespective of how careful you are!

Fractures can be repaired with a powdered plastic repair compound (name escapes me at the moment, but it is used to repair windscreen washer bottles, coolant bottles etc.). For scratches and scrapes, an orbital sander with medium grit, then gone over again with fine grit sanding and clean up with metho or turps and dry. Some plastics require a primer, others so-so (many paints are self-priming). Then get a close match can of spray paint and go over the area in sweeps (not static aim and fire), let dry and repeat. I've done this to my previous car (VZ Executive Commodore) where the red paint had been scratched off to reveal the black base plastic. No drama, no tears, no sweat and filled in days of lousy weather.

As I said the scratching will happen again and again and the only sure fire way of avoiding this and the subsequent hissy fits and tears is by avoiding the hazard that causes it completely.

Tyre shine is passé, seriously tragic and anachronistic. Popular in Priscilla, Queen of the Desert time, but the equivalent of doffing Brylcreem on your head into a monster Fonz blow and heading off to work. Ugh. :eek:

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Sometime I say something that is impossible and most think I'm lying like having over 24 Tv in the house or I like the Caprice V because it has 2 TV's in the Back.
Regarding what I said on my about post about that LG TV that cost us $14,000 that was a lemon and sent LG two photos of the Expensive Lemon and got my money back for have such a rubbish tv.
Could you image the entertainment I have in this room. (PS had 5 Stroke but still remember what remote is to what box

Right View of the TV Room with that horribly TV in the Middle + plenry of hiding Monitors

Left View of the TV room Look at all the monitors hiding in there.

I Love it, used approx 2 Km of RG6 and RG 11 from the TV room to the Sat Farm also the Computer room

Last edited:

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
very bloody tidy indeed.

may i recommend this for your tyres instead of what you are using. much easier to apply (no annoying overspray) and lasts longer.

https://www.meguiars.com.au/product/endurance-tyre-protectant-gel-high-gloss/
Yes I want to contact CCP to ask them what the best tyre black + armour all. Yes have been using armour all for 30 years but someone told me its no good because it sends vapor to your windscreen or something like this. So whats better than Armout All

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Yes I want to contact CCP to ask them what the best tyre black + armour all. Yes have been using armour all for 30 years but someone told me its no good because it sends vapor to your windscreen or something like this. So whats better than Armout All

303 Products Aerospace Protectant is great for cleaning and protecting interiors, exterior rubbers and black plastics and if you wipe it on your tyres it takes them back to the new tyre look.

I use it for all of the above and love it as it's non greasy unlike ArmorAll.

https://www.carcareproducts.com.au/303-products-aerospace-protectant-473ml.html

303_aerospace_473ml.jpg

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Urgh, all those second hand cars you see with super shiny black dashboards. Why do they do it?

As for wheel shine, apparently there are some much better matt versions that give you a good black, but not as much shine

It depends on the car, i used to have a car that i used a matte finish on but i like the gloss look on my current car.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I like the matt look on my tyres as it looks like new rubber and 303 Products Aerospace Protectant does the perfect job to achieve that but each to their own.

One thing I don't like about shiny tyres is after it done and even when the excess is removed you can still often end up with flicker and have the stuff flick along the side of the car when you drive off.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Yes only 50 HQ GTS was made with Bone white upholstery?
I see a white interior, and I think what are you doing, Crazy Designers, are you just INSANE?!
I guess at the time it was the cocaine talking, though ...

Yours looks AMAZINGLY AWESOME!
And I apologise for looking at it too hard, I probably made it dirty over the intarwebs ... :)

Yes I want to contact CCP to ask them what the best tyre black + armour all.
I suspect you're likely to only get back a package full of infected bat-pangolins if you contact the CCP about anything!! :eek:

Last edited: