Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WN Caprice V Sports Front Armour "Not available".

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
Assuming they're what the show says they are, and are Highway Patrol, they're SS's. General duties cars were primarily Evokes according to my understanding (but I've seen SV6's advertised at auction).

All V6s here in the west from what I've been told -the Commodores, that is.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
All V6s here in the west from what I've been told -the Commodores, that is.

I believe that has been the case since VT II when the LS1 cars kept "falling off the road".

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
What really surprised me about 6 weeks ago was to see a blue ute with police lights ablazing in its back window having pulled over an equally impressive looking red VF ute at the end of the North Lakes on-ramp to the Bruce Highway. It had been a year or two since I had seen the police ute (assuming it was the same one) and would have thought it had probably been retired.

Would like to know what the infringement was and whether there was any baiting involved...it is a long on-ramp so maybe the red ute got well beyond the 100 by the time he got to the end of it but he was pulled over just at the point of merging.

Not sure if the police ute was SS or SV6 but pretty sure the one I had seen a couple of times previously was an SS.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
We used to have 5.0l VS executives when I started in 1997 Before they went to SS’s, the reason being that the resale made them more viable (when they were owned and not leased).
In the VR & VS days you used to see all sorts of wierd stuff at auction ... for at least a few years, ex-patrol cars at Pickles were all Exec interiors but re-upholstered in SS material (ie. the seats had Exec spec bolstering, radio was Exec, etc - an SS was higher in the range than it was in the VF era). I always thought it was a bit odd, as I'll bet the cost of modifying the production run to do those police specials probably cost no less than just producing SS's, but I suppose they were giving such massive discounts there needed to be the appearance of cost-cutting.

Poking around in the engine-bay you'd also see non-standard stuff like bigger throttle-bodies, non-standard air-intakes & air-boxes ... but that was completely inconsistent, if there were a dozen ex-patrol cars up for sale they were all different (except for the SS-trimmed Exec interior & the all same screw-holes in the interior trim).

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
In the VR & VS days you used to see all sorts of wierd stuff at auction ... for at least a few years, ex-patrol cars at Pickles were all Exec interiors but re-upholstered in SS material (ie. the seats had Exec spec bolstering, radio was Exec, etc -......

My old VS BT1 (Exec) had SS interior, including door cards. Interior code was 25i (same as SS) so not exec seats with SS seat covers.

SS were only V8 execs with the interior, bodykit, red trolley strip and fog lights. Power pack (electrics) were an optional extra.

.....an SS was higher in the range than it was in the VF era)

Only coz there was only one model of SS (i.e. no SSV or SSVR). Berlina was higher than SS.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
My old VS BT1 (Exec) had SS interior, including door cards. Interior code was 25i (same as SS) so not exec seats with SS seat covers.
I should’ve qualified, this was NSW. The SS seats were quite different, so the fact they were retrimmed Exec ones were ... well not obvious foe a non-car-person probably, but very obvious when we’d noticed it!
The different states do it differently, didn’t someone else say WA Highway Patrol ran VF SV6’s rather than SS’s for example?

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
There is still a Falcon HWP in use where I live, I see it 3 or 4 times a week parked in various arterial roads around Woy Woy.

Still at least one Falcon XR HWP on the Northern Beaches too. Many times saw it parked outside the Narra coffee shops (*before Covid19).
There is also at least two LS3's still alive amongst the c$$kwaving diesel BMWs.
Lots of Hyundais for GD cars.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Fantastic..still yet to see how this TV relates to our cars. I Understand you have health issues, but to be honest, you come across as very arrogant. Perhaps your intentions are lost in translation.

Glad to hear it worked out for you..
Geeeee you don't know that the Caprice V has 2 TV out the Back. I like all Tv's but you might not or maybe you work for LG. Me Arrogant I don't think so possible eccentric for a old man I have been called that before but I am a person that stand for my rights, I stand for other people rights and most would not like to be railroaded by anyone or any company. Anyhow better get back on topic, the Topic is "WN Caprice V with 2 TV's that needs Sports Front Armour to hide the damage of the Front bar and they are not available.
Anyhow I tried, there is no Sports Armour, no other way that makes the car look good and at the same time hide the damage so the Caprice is of to the Spray Painter to get fixed and after this I will be able to sleep at night.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Anyhow I'm getting the Front Bar re-painted from today and at the same time they will look at the DULL passengers rear door that I have complained on this forum before so lets see what the experts has to say. The spray Painter and the owner of the shop also said the Caprice V has NO swirl marks being in Phantom black and it in very good condition so lets see what happens. He also said it does not have Ceramic Coating so why is it so shinny, surly a good polish can make it like this.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
talk to a detailer not a spray painter. ;) They can possibly do a correction.

FWIW, I had to have a single door repainted (same door! it got doored in a shopping center). To match they had to also do the rear guard and re-clear the front door plus a blend.

At least I think that's what they did from memory.

The clear coat then was consistent across the side of the car.