Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Working a SV6 SiDi

yxyx64

Reaction score
Members Ride
Kia turbo + Holden badge, Chev badge in Texas
This is a direct quote from Dale @ CHE in Sydney on SIDI tune. Think 240-250 is about right

"the car made 30rwkw more from 3000rpm-7000rpm over the standard tune with the OTR (as i have said previosuly if you fit a OTR to a car with out a tune you will run like ****), so 30rwkw is around 15% more power which means the engine had to make 15% more torque. "

Is there a before and after dyno chart that can be posted (there must be one or how else do people get numbers?) that will end the discussion?

Last edited:

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
I've posted dyno sheets from 1st tune at CHE....ugly numbers but shows 20rwkw gain. This was prior to OTR and early in the tuning history. I believe the OTR and the MACE E85 tune make a vast difference. The Scanxl software indicates that it is putting out around 185+rwkw and 400nm fairly regularly. I can't say that is accurate but just telling you what I'm seeing. Here is the sheet thread http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/ve-holden-commodore-2006/155189-late-model-sv6-tuning-8.html

CH3F

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sedan
Or....... With the money you'll spend on all those mods to get from 210kw to 220kw, you could just trade in and buy a V8. If it's better performance you're after it really is the best option and the best value for money.

I believe the title of the thread is "Working a SV6 SiDi" not "I want heaps of power tell me the best way to spend my money"

The cost all up is approx. just over $2000, if you can find me a VE SS that will out perform my SV6 for that price I might consider a trade...
Or maybe you are saying I should just buy a V8 engine for $2000 and leave it on the garage floor?
Thanks for your input though :)

DECIMATOR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Just be careful putting an OTR on a SV6. It causes a lot of dramas with the MAFF sensor.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
The ORSSOM OTR requires a tune when you fit it. MACE supplied a tune for mine no dramas.

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Just be careful putting an OTR on a SV6. It causes a lot of dramas with the MAFF sensor.
Fitting any OTR to a V6 or V8 will most likely cause issues with the MAF sensor, with a good tune you won't have to worry about anything!

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
Reckon someone needs to start making some replacement heads for the SIDI so you can bolt up some decent extractors...
Surely someone could sacrifice some heads, machine away the forged headers and tap some studs... then sell them as exchange and repeat the process..

good to see some working being done on the new engines though...

aZk.

samueljz94

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Holden Commodore SV6 SIDI 3.6L
i have a 2010 sv6 sidi with a few mods. yes they cost me but this was done over a year so here u have it guys :)
orssom otr + custom dyno tune $1300
25mm mace manifold spacer - $250 put it on my self
mace engineering cams- $2300 + $950 to install
2.5" Xforce Cat back - $800
20% underdrive kit

dyno dead stock made 154.4rwkw
orssom otr 20% underdrive kit + mainifold spacer + dyno tune made 197.2rwkw
go cat back done as a bolt on.
got mace cams put in + Retune - 224.7rwkw.

yes alot of money has been spend but worth it and i can drive it on P's ;)

billy bob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SV6
Next you need extractors and high flow cats.
Then you might hit 250kw