Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Would you drink recycled water?

Would you drink recycled water?

• Total voters

krazyboris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Spac S/C
Items with wieght cannont be overlooked, it's a sediment factor, same as in any rain-water tank.

I'll drink it, anything to be able to wash my car again!

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
you really should see where some of the water comes from in Europe, rivers that are more polluted then anything you see this side of world, rivers that come from eastern europe and you know what those eastern block countries are like, they don't give a rats*ss. that water i beleive is probably better quality then the stuff coming from the local dam after it's processed. outa sight, outa mind really. how are you going to know where the water that's running outa your tap is really coming from. funny though isn't it when the goverments ok's the building of thousands of houses and yet they don't really improve the infrastructure to cope with all those new houses/people. we have the same problems here with water for electricity generation/ drinking water a few years ago. there solution for auckland was to use water from the waikato river/ filter it and put it straight into the regualr supply. i've not noticed the difference yet

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Ill drink it, what are our options, death?

I do think it'd be a lot better if it was made so that we could use recycled water in our garden/ washing machine/ showers/ dishwashers etc, but that cost would be something insane. Instead, just flush it through with the old stuff, most of the water I drink is bottled, but even still, if it was coming through the tap and it was cold - I don't care where it came from. As long as it tastes normal.

Was talking to someone from work about this a few months ago, and he said well when we're going for a drive, I'll show you something, about 200km up the road we reached a fairly large dam, for a nearby township, all their waste used to get pumped into it. The water was then released into the river system. 100-200km's down the path was our water treatment facility, we pulled it out, then flushed it back into our taps. So I really wouldn't be surprised if that was a common practice for a lot of towns around Aus.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Over here in WA they were toying with the idea of piping water from the north. Billions of litres go into the sea every year during the wet season and it can't be harnessed. The cost is too high to be feasible they say. What about the long term costs to the population? Who cares how much it costs today, bite the bullet, spend the money, go into debt for 50 years if you have to but the gain to the people and the environment would far outweigh any financial cost today. The present government just doesn't want to give the opposition ammunition during an election. 'Oh look how much debt we are in because of this current administration'. This is something that has no political boundaries no matter which state we are in. There are probably similar solutions and hurdles in Queensland. The wet season in the north would probably sustain the whole state but it needs to be captured and piped to the population. Recycling is an option for sure, but it also involves building plants and the use of fossil fuels to run them. With piping the water, hydro-electric stations can be built along the pipeline using the flow of the water itself to maintain pumps to keep it flowing. I'm not a greeny, but I can see when money needs to be thrown at a concept regardless of present day cost. Money can be paid back and recouped....the effects of long term drought are devastating.

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
I would have to test it b4 i would say yes, but then again most of the town water ive drank has been shocking, brissy and the gold coast water is horrible. Tank water any day for me, such a better taste.

xr388

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp wag
I personally wouldn't have a problem drinking recycled water. If you did a blindfold test with recycled vs non most punters wouldn't be able to tell the differance anyway.

Tree cutter

Tree cutter
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais SuperchargedV6
I grew up drinking water from a rainwater tank, which we had to drain occasionally to get the dead birds,mice,snails,worms etc out. I am still alive and can't remember it making me sick. The water we drink from bores was once rain water that has soaked through the soil together with rotten dead animals and all their excrement which is filtered by the soil and layers of stone that it soaks through,so i can't see how filtered water will be any different:drink:

r_i_d_a_h

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VS Commodore + '98 E36
ive seen on channel 9 on how the recycling process takes place..its a long process of seperation, filtration add a lil magic 'powder' etc

and ive been pritty convinced.

you boil out the crap in the kettle any ways.

i erno bout u folks

but i always boil tap water, let it cool, then refill empty 2L etc bottles and chuk it in the fridge to chill

viola clean 'cold' water