Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Would you need forged internals for a 355 running between 6lb to a max of 10lb (maybe

Tassiepatrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nissan patrol (304ci)
Cam kit. Cam is the most important part of the engine. And you need to get it right

ok thanks I haven't purchased a cam kit yet ..any suggestions keping in mind 4wd 2.5/3ton wanting great low mid range over massive top end revs would live to have good torque and power between 1500- 4000rpm range, but still having a little left up topend after that range and a cam that would work well with both none charged and can still handle charged air later on would be awesome if possible.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
you should at least give wade cams a call. tell them what you are planning and they will let you know exactly what grind you need. the've been doing it for years mate, there is no nothing new about charged 304's and those are the people to speak to.

Wade Cams Australia precision camshafts for automotive, marine, aviation, industry

also: you should stop thinking about getting it built then charged later on. either do it or dont, there really shouldnt be an in between.

Tassiepatrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nissan patrol (304ci)
you should at least give wade cams a call. tell them what you are planning and they will let you know exactly what grind you need. the've been doing it for years mate, there is no nothing new about charged 304's and those are the people to speak to.

Wade Cams Australia precision camshafts for automotive, marine, aviation, industry

also: you should stop thinking about getting it built then charged later on. either do it or dont, there really shouldnt be an in between.

the inbetween factor is time mate, as I need to custom make my own brackets to set up the charger , then get the pulley attached to the crank, yes I know I should do it all at once but that would mean buying an off the self kit, and that is money I don't want to spend atm that would put the engine up and over the 10grand mark ...hence why I am trying to find a medium between both that will work ok, at the end I'm not looking for 400hp engine that can rev to 700rpm all day every day

Tassiepatrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nissan patrol (304ci)
400 bucks for cam and lifters, then replace it later when the charger is in. or better yet just run the stock cam till you get the charger sorted.
settled (for now) on a crow 4666 with head rebuild kit with decent parts such as cromo push rods etc, as said it maybe a while (and slow process getting the charger fitted) so thought better to have a bit of N/A performance for now...just hope the cam choice is good enough did look at the wade site , but crow done the hole top end package at a very good price, from what I understand 9.5:1 comp with the 4666 should work

Tassiepatrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nissan patrol (304ci)
I did read that thread, but its a little hard on the eys and to make sense of it transplanting over to a 355, from what the engine builder recommended longer exhaust duration will suit charger later on, but still make good power and drivability while N/A and allowing room for chared intake when the time comes :-/, now I'm not expert, and don't pretend to be , so I went with his suggestion in cam choice after he listened to what I was asking and hoping to achieve with the stroker build and that it was in a patrol, the 4666 is what he suggeste.

Tassiepatrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nissan patrol (304ci)
Finally have 90% of the bits to get this engine build under way :yeah:

strokerkit2.jpg

strokerkit1.jpg

Scatcrank.jpg

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355