Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[WTF-SIX] VSII 6 Speed Manual Supercharged 4.2 Litre

rch-13z

Former Photoshop Whore
Reaction score
Website
www.karcreations.com.au
Members Ride
VT Exec
Awesome man, can't wait to see what you're cooking up! Also the pic for the vb-vs range isnt working on the ASR site, just thought i'd let you know! Hopefully Greg will be able to do my dash in green/red led's soon too!

Neither can I - vb-vs has been screwed for a while now!

Picture-606sm.jpg

Ben hoskings VP isnt it?

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
Nice car mate, im up in springwood so ill keep an eye out for you next time im down in penrith...

HoldenManDan

Built, not bought...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec SII 4.2L L67 T56 :D
no worries mate, I'll email you a hi-res version....

reason it turned out that well is because of the quality of steve's photo.... i just played with it from there...

Yeah i saw one of these pics straight from the camera, he can get some awesome effects going without actually touching the photo!

Dan remember to keep taking photos of the engine work as it happens.... keen to try and build a car website when it's done~!

I have been i have been, i mean have i been taking enough? But yeah definately still keen on the website, will be so cool! :bow:

Nice car mate, im up in springwood so ill keep an eye out for you next time im down in penrith...

Thanks mate, you're not too far away! I try and get her out most weekends and a couple of times during the week if i'm lucky. I go up the mountains every so often also! Might look good in photos but only of late the paint (namely the bonnet and front bumper) has bubbled and blistered real bad... i wanna get the whole thing sprayed in one hit (read: do it once, do it properly) and fit up the ss kit i've got for it, but atm priority number 1 is to pay for whats left owing on the motor when its finished and get the damn thing in the car!

Apart from that, thanks in a big way goes to Haydz who found me some brand new "fully floating" nolathane strut mounts and bearings to replace my stuffed bits which were making all sorts of stupid noises and made the car pretty much undrivable.

Theyve been fitted and just adjusted so theyre basically the same left and right, until i work out where i want them to stay. I think at the moment theyre at the full negative camber position which is apparently 2 degrees. Doesnt sound like much, but having the adjustment there to fiddle with is awesome! I took it for a spin down an empty local road thats got lots of continuous left and right hand bends, and i have to say that the upgrade was definately worth it! It's definately more stable through bends at speed and i found it possible to take corners a little faster (and more confidently) than before. At $550RRP you'd want to see and feel an improvement! To give you an idea, to get the local wholesale suspension joint to fit new OE spec strut mounts and RUBBER bearings, labour and wheel alignment was going to cost almost $500! With Haydz help and his ability to find parts at good prices, we installed the nolathane gear ourselves and were still substantially under the quote from wholesale suspension.

Thanks again Haydz! :beer chug:

On our disassembly we did find that the OE strut mounts were still okay, but the rubber strut bearings were pretty rooted!
DSCF2746.jpg

And a catalogue pic of the good bits that went in
44021.jpg

Bound to be more news soon!

redvsberlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs series II berlina
can you ut a photo up of the strut top mounts i had issues with mine they are mint though