Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[WTF-SIX] VSII 6 Speed Manual Supercharged 4.2 Litre

mattgreen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S Pack
hehe thanks mate, yeah i'm after a fat look which is what i reckon i'll get with these :D... I bought them from a guy on here (RebelSS) who sold them to me for $795. Then to get the centre machined to fit VS, new NS-II rubber 235/35/19, wheel and locknuts, balance, alignment and probably steering alignment is gonna be $950, so getting the whole lot for $1745, instead of around $2500 as a package from a wheel shop. So i reckon i did pretty nicely. I'll be putting pics up as soon as i get them on my ride!

Also i've got a bit of xmas $$$ so i might go to holden tomorrow and get some chrome front grille inserts to replace the current grey ones. Something i thought i'd finally get around to. As far as i know these chrome inserts are only on a grey background? Does anyone know if they come with a black background instead? I tried the chrome inserts from my dad's vs which is white and the grey background doesnt go well with my green. I guess if they dont come with chrome/black i'll be painting the grey bit black haha.

Another thing i'm looking at atm is a level 3 dash, probably just be waiting til something good on ebay comes up though, and prob check out a few wreckers. Let me know what you guys think is a good price!

Cheers
keep me posted mate i wanna see some pics, i have to get some dings machined out of mine! is it expensive? and then all 4 repainted!, anywho post a pic of a chrome grill up i wanna see lol

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Those VE wheels will look awesome on it mate. I still like the old SS-Z wheels though, wouldn't mind getting a set for mine.

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
Those wheels will look better on my Gemi :p lol.. so next cruise in Feb we might see em? btw you thought about getting those clear headlights like on Amanda's car?

cruzncommo

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5spd
needs dumped, least you wont get done for too low :p

mattgreen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S Pack
edit: Post a pic of he sold ss-z wheels Nickvr =D

HoldenManDan

Built, not bought...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec SII 4.2L L67 T56 :D
Nice car mate, the one thing that really needs doing is getting rid of that monstercar stance!! keep it up though!

lol you guys must be looking at the first pic in post #1 to say she needs lowering... that was how i got her! The 2nd pic in post #1 is after a bit of work and with 18's, and how she's lookin now is first pic in post #12, riding on steelies, but thats only until new tyres and wheels go on in a couple of weeks.

I know what you meant about the monstercar stance though swordsy, i practically needed a step ladder to get in the thing!

keep me posted mate i wanna see some pics, i have to get some dings machined out of mine! is it expensive? and then all 4 repainted!, anywho post a pic of a chrome grill up i wanna see lol

Mattgreen, the price for wheel repairs depends on the extent of the damage, i've only ever spoken to one guy about this stuff and quoted about $140 per rim to repaint, providing any damage on them isnt to excessive. With the chrome grills i was originally going to go for the open type, but spoke to holden earlier today and they said it could be $100+ for the pair so i thought f*** that, so maybe i'll settle for the calais ones with the vertical bars in them: (New Genuine) Holden Commodore VR-S GRILLE LEFT CALAIS, hopefully they'll look alright, better than the matt silver ones i've got atm.

Those VE wheels will look awesome on it mate. I still like the old SS-Z wheels though, wouldn't mind getting a set for mine.

Nick, i really hope they do look good mate! I havent seen any vr/vs with these rims so hopefully it'll be a little unique and look phat too lol! I didnt wanna never see my SSZ rims again, thats why my gf has them on her vs. I think they go better against her car colour (rubens mica) too. All she needs is to lower it haha. Anyway i reckon they'd go great with your colour and kit, im so envious of your s pack kit, i wish i had one!

Those wheels will look better on my Gemi lol.. so next cruise in Feb we might see em? btw you thought about getting those clear headlights like on Amanda's car?

MR Vee Zed, come off the grass mate, they prob wont fit the gemi! Besides they'll be on my car before next cruise so ya cant have em :bang: oh and depending on whats out there + if i can be stuffed i might get a level 3 dash put in :) Have ya got your SV6 back yet? And yeah i want some of those altezza headlights so badd, they look awesome on amanda's (gf) car aye... Thing is i've got other things to get that are more important (tyres, gearbox rebuild) before them. Cars are annoying like that.

needs dumped, least you wont get done for too low :p

Cruzncommo, it's dumped on supers in front, ultras in rear... with the 15" steelies my cat scrapes on speed humps so i reckon i prob would get done for too low lol. The 19's will actually lift her up a bit, i know the 18's did.

Oh and in other news, while i was at holden this morning i asked about the vy ss / monaro pedals... $50 each pedal! I should have got them last time i asked when they were $35 each. $200 for a set of pedals is a bit rich for my blood atm. Apparently the prices on spare parts are going up to factor in the rising petrol prices eg freight of goods. Man oh man, i'm gonna try and find them somewhere cheaper.

Cheers guys :thumbsup:

cruzncommo

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5spd
best bet is find em at a wreckers or someone sellin them ay... a VN SS spoiler is $450 new... bloody cars ay

HoldenManDan

Built, not bought...
Reaction score
Members Ride
mmm yeah i'll say... hmmm i just found some on ebay for $145, i'm prepared to pay that i guess, considering i coulda got them from holden for $140 a couple of months ago. I'll probably buy them sometime today :yeah:

HoldenManDan

Built, not bought...
Reaction score
Members Ride
just another little update...

got my pedals yesterday and put them in today, i've gotta say the clutch pedal was soo incredibly hard to get on, but i got there after a bit of sweat and swearing! While putting the brake pedal on (the first one i tried doing) i managed to slip with the screwdriver (i was using to tuck the rubber behind the pad) and stabbed myself in the nose, that hurt a bit :bang:. Anyway, here's how they look:

DSCF0308Large.jpg

I also got my hands on some very hard to find VS berlina grilles thru ebay. I wanted the chrome lip but without the vertical bars that the calais ones have. My dad got these for his white VS from the factory and they look good on his car, but crap on mine, as they have a silver background behind the chrome lip. So hopefully all i'll have to do is rub back the silver to get a chrome/black scheme going, that'll look much better!

I also won an auction on ebay yesterday to get my hands on a level 3 dash! It's out of a vr calais, 199,000 kms on it, got it for 76 bucks! Got the trip computer controls for 15 bucks, and will soon be buying a loom to suit from JC user markovr that he's made up to suit what i'm doing. And at this stage, i think i wanna do something with the dash before i put it in regarding dials, i just dont know what! Any suggestions? Oh and i dont think i'll be changing from the green dash lights as my car is green and interior illumination is green throughout so would look weird another colour. Lol i'm not sure though, might just leave the dials how they are for a while and see how i like them. Should be coming some time next week!

Oh and tyres for my 19's will be getting done in the next few weeks, cant wait.

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
LOL you crack me up man! like ya pedals, will they fit my gemi lol