Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[WTF-SIX] VSII 6 Speed Manual Supercharged 4.2 Litre

Haydz

Fasten your seatbelts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE LS1 T56
I sense an update :) :) all coming together now dude wont be long.

20100509_22.jpg

20100509_17.jpg

20100509_23.jpg

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
your car would have to have the toughest vs interior i have ever seen mate.
i hope one day my ute resembles something like yours.
just wondering how much the seats set you back?

HoldenManDan

Built, not bought...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec SII 4.2L L67 T56 :D
OK all, little while no update! To be honest in between being at work and spending most evenings after work outside getting things done, i havent had much time to hop on here and update things, so i'll do my best...

Those heater dials look awesome. How much are they to get done? Would be even better if they can get done in white but not sure if it can be done. Would be good to get the speedo/cluster done in white and having all lights in white on the dash. The door trim piece in satin chrome looks good too. Keep up the good work.

Hey thanks Nick! I got the heater dials done by Greg (Phreddy) from forum sponsor ASR audio and electronics. They cost me $60 i think it was. It is possible to get the heater dials as well as the cluster gauges all done in white, but as the factory dials are infused with colours you would have to go aftermarket. Luckily a seller named "speed_graphics" on ebay do exactly this, and can custom make designs for you in case you want a different initial appearance than factory. To my understanding you can get them made to any colour you want! If you do choose to go white, i'd recommend you get the gauges made with clear bits in them and then get in contact with Phreddy and have him knock together some LED's for your chosen dials.

omg omg omg omg. can't wait

i think a drive up to sydney might be on the cards to check this beast out when its done.
maybe a 'manual L67 transplant into a green vr/vs body' cruise?

Haha i can hardly wait either! The engine build took 17 months alone! I could come meet ya half way if you wanted! The agonising bit will be having to baby the motor for the first 5000km. I love that cruise idea mate! We'll definately have to work something out!

Dan let me know what the go is with that old box etc etc

Hey Rich! I'll definately let ya know when i'm ready to offload it... its basically ready now but i'll prob wait until everything else is sorted first. There's just one thing you gotta promise me, that you make sure you do throw it in the VT!

haha, awsome dan! Is this what your doing tomorrow! Where was my invite?

Awesome indeed Mischa! From memory yes this is what Haydz and I were working on! I'll be sure to let you know when the more exciting stuff takes place :D

those door cards and the back seat looks sweet mate. Also love the lights under the front seats. I think I need to give phreedy a call..!!

I also second the idea 'manual L67 transplant into a green vr/vs body' cruise

Hey Steve, good to hear from you mate! My interior's got nothing on yours dude! But yeah definately give Phreddy a call, cant recommend his work enough! Sounds like this cruise thingo better be a go-er! You better bring your VS too :D

Well, Whats been happening. Is it in yet?

Lol Troy, you've no idea how many times i've been asked that by EVERYONE! It's progressing as fast as Haydz and I can manage! There's a lot of things that i'm doing while the VS is where it is, some of which are easier to do while the motor and box are out, eg polish the brake, fuel and aircon lines in the bay (80% done, also spraying all polished lines with heatproof clear so nothing tarnishes), engine bay detailing (80% done), cleaned out the radiator (done), spraying the floorpan matt black (95% done) along with spraying the fuel, brake and breather lines that run under the car from front to back in silver (also 95% done), painting other bits while they're out eg did the engine mounts tonight, still gotta spray the extractors, spray the fuel tank in engine enamel silver with gloss black straps (completed tonight), make the VZ HBD gear boot fit on the much smaller VS manual boot-console bracket (done), get old tailshaft disassembled and new front section fitted up and the whole thing balanced (done), get new voltage reg installed on L67 alternator (done) bought a replacement heater tap and associated hoses today as the old one broke... the list goes on!

As you can all imagine its a massive headf*ck having to organise and do everything in the right order so it all comes together nicely and at the right time, and i have a **** memory as it is so that doesnt help!

Ok well yesterday i removed the engine adaptor plate from the T56 so i could fit it to the motor (basically step 1 in this particular process of bolting the gearbox to the motor), and to my dismay i find that it won't bolt up! I then try it on the old ecotec motor:

16052010085.jpg

and it will fit up fine! The part of the adaptor plate that wont go on the L67 is right at the top in the middle. As you can see with the ecotec inlet manifold there is plenty of space for the top of the gearbox, but the L67 Intake manifold is very different! Next pic is a close up of the adaptor plate attempting to fit the L67 and failing miserably:

15052010082.jpg

So it would seem the T56 i've been supplied has a bellhousing and adaptor plate to fit an ecotec which is totally useless to me! I'll be giving Mal Wood a call in the morning and email him these pics and then they can send me a bellhousing and adaptor plate that will actually fit! I'm so totally over being stuffed around!

Anyway the to do list as it stands atm...

Finish anything listed above thats not finished
Pick up new pulleys and fit them
Fit up engine mounts to motor
Get new adaptor plate and bellhousing sent out and install
Fit up coolant pipe
Fit knock sensors and heat shields
Remove injectors and get them cleaned, reinstall
Re-gap plugs
Bolt up flywheel, starter motor
Fit clutch then bolt gearbox to motor
Find a gbox dust cover that will fit the T56 properly or mod the getrag one i've got to suit
Install motor and box in car
Fit tailshaft
Reconnect steering rack
Loom up motor
Get memcal sent out from Dick's Electronics

there's bound to be more...

your car would have to have the toughest vs interior i have ever seen mate.
i hope one day my ute resembles something like yours.
just wondering how much the seats set you back?

G'day Tim, thanks for the comments! The interior's nothing real special, just trying to find a nice compromise between sporty and a little bit of class. Regardless, I'm glad I've inspired you! The seats were on super special at Repco about 3 years ago now, for $400 for the pair. Still the best thing i've done with the interior in terms of both functionality and aesthetics! Just make sure if you do buy some that they're ADR approved which usually means sticking with known brands. As an example i'd be very cautious buying "no name" seats off ebay.

lol, dan did you have trouble getting the last bit of the exhaust off :p

Hey Misch, we did try to take it off! the last bit over the diff was tack welded to the bit that goes up to the cat and while i did manage to grind off most of the tack weld, we still didnt manage to get it out! So we've just left the tail section hanging there. Its not really in the way and saves a bit of re-assembly later on.

I hope i can add updates a little more frequently than i've been able to in the last little while, and take a few more pics! I'll get some up of the new motor when i've got all the new pulleys for the front and it largely starts looking like a complete motor :D

Oh and thanks Haydz for posting up those latest pics!

Cheers guys

rch-13z

Former Photoshop Whore
Reaction score
Website
www.karcreations.com.au
Members Ride
VT Exec
HoldenManDan said:
Rich! I'll definately let ya know when i'm ready to offload it... its basically ready now but i'll prob wait until everything else is sorted first. There's just one thing you gotta promise me, that you make sure you do throw it in the VT!

Well it wont fit the Sirion will it Dan? I've got my mechanic whos a mad ebay trawler whos going to look for everything else I need once I've got the box.... Will bne a very slow process though!