Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Xforce VF82 exhaust kit installed - product clearance issue or poor fitment?

The91kwbeast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Well in a thrilling (?) conclusion to this story I went to Xforce directly & had Matt the bloke that designed the system correct the fitment; seems my local exhaust shop did Friday arvo quality install job, who will be hearing from me soon enough.

As you can see behind the slip joint its nearly parallel to the chassis rails now probably 50mm higher whilst the front section is perhaps 20mm higher than before.

The headers still exit below the rails and the cat location so its probably not as high sitting as the Manta & hurricane combo that some use but its good enough now.

Clears speed humps on SL King front springs although shopping centre ramps have abotu a 50% scrape rate still around the cats so I'll need to be careful there.

A shout out & thank you to Matt at Xforce - and for anyone else considering this system, at last a big thumbs up from me! Huge sound improvement over the HSV Tri Ys and the 3" mid section really opens it up. But the VF2 mufflers with bimodal mean its still pretty quiet shut!

For the price it sounds amazing but just make sure you really check the install....

Attachments

• IMG_20230724_142943723_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230724_142943723_HDR.jpg
    323.8 KB · Views: 97

daves8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Calais V 6.0 | 2013 VF Calais V V6 Wagon
Well in a thrilling (?) conclusion to this story I went to Xforce directly & had Matt the bloke that designed the system correct the fitment; seems my local exhaust shop did Friday arvo quality install job, who will be hearing from me soon enough.

As you can see behind the slip joint its nearly parallel to the chassis rails now probably 50mm higher whilst the front section is perhaps 20mm higher than before.

The headers still exit below the rails and the cat location so its probably not as high sitting as the Manta & hurricane combo that some use but its good enough now.

Clears speed humps on SL King front springs although shopping centre ramps have abotu a 50% scrape rate still around the cats so I'll need to be careful there.

A shout out & thank you to Matt at Xforce - and for anyone else considering this system, at last a big thumbs up from me! Huge sound improvement over the HSV Tri Ys and the 3" mid section really opens it up. But the VF2 mufflers with bimodal mean its still pretty quiet shut!

For the price it sounds amazing but just make sure you really check the install....
Matt is great!

I co designed the X force system for the jeep SRT with him after I bought their varex system and it sucked balls.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Matt is great!

I co designed the X force system for the jeep SRT with him after I bought their varex system and it sucked balls.
I've fitted an X Force and Magnaflow system to Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT's. Both fitted well but the Magnaflow had the better note, smoother and less raspy. Hearing a Jeep SRT with an exhaust, you expect to see a Commodore they sound so similar!

daves8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Calais V 6.0 | 2013 VF Calais V V6 Wagon
I've fitted an X Force and Magnaflow system to Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT's. Both fitted well but the Magnaflow had the better note, smoother and less raspy. Hearing a Jeep SRT with an exhaust, you expect to see a Commodore they sound so similar!
There first 2 versions were terrible.

The one i collaborated on has a tiny H pipe (just a 1/2 inch hole) in place of the X pipe, and has 2 X helmholtz chambers built into the rear mufflers.

When you put headers and high flow cats on a SRT they get super loud.

If I had my time again I would go the Difillipo/ manta cat back.

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES

The one i collaborated on has a tiny H pipe (just a 1/2 inch hole) in place of the X pipe, and has 2 X helmholtz chambers built into the rear mufflers.

**Chef’s Kiss**

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute

Yes, the Jeep X-force system I fitted was mid 2016 and had an X-pipe. I can't recall the exact muffler configuration, but I seem to think it had a couple of hotdogs and oval rear mufflers. It was a cat-back 3" system and I remember the engine pipes and stock cats were 2 3/4", much bigger than the LS3 2 1/4" front section.

Last edited:

The91kwbeast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V

There you go!

I had been meaning to ask Matt also whatever happened to this muffler for the commodores that I found. Xforce muffler with Helmholtz chamber included.

Not sure if this was a prototype or if it's just vanished from sale.

I've said the whole time I never understood why the aftermarket didn't make a small sports muffler with Helmholtz resonator included just like this. Then people could actually install diff back mufflers for say $600 that don't drone like crazy like they all do, instead of spending $2k on catback exhausts.

The rapid marriage savers are kind of that but they are still very loud on anything other than stock 2.25"catback

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230718-211321.png
    Screenshot_20230718-211321.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 83

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
I had been meaning to ask Matt also whatever happened to this muffler for the commodores that I found. Xforce muffler with Helmholtz chamber included.
I can't understand why they mess around with anti-drone alternatives to use small rear mufflers. All it takes to eliminate drone is an OEM sized muffler cannister or roll up a 9" round cannister, perforated tube ram packed with long strand fibreglass and no one does it. To reduce drone further with a large cannister muffler, you can add a Helmholtz centre chamber traditional Lukey style and then adjust noise level with mid pipe muffling and the problem's solved!!

Last edited: