Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

yet another recall

VF Redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I got my car back after 6 hours, they checked and re-tightened the ball joints, and did a normal service with no my-link update at all. No update of GPS maps and after reading elsewhere in the forums I'll have to complain about the wife's iphone "not pairing properly" to get the reversing lines on my camera. And to top it off they didn't even wash my car. sadface

VF Redline

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
I got my car back after 6 hours, they checked and re-tightened the ball joints, and did a normal service with no my-link update at all. No update of GPS maps and after reading elsewhere in the forums I'll have to complain about the wife's iphone "not pairing properly" to get the reversing lines on my camera. And to top it off they didn't even wash my car. sadface

VF Redline

You should consider yourself lucky they didn't wash it. I would go berserk if they washed mine.

VF Redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
You should consider yourself lucky they didn't wash it. I would go berserk if they washed mine.

Yeah I guess your right about them washing it, that I have become a bit anal about washing mine, so much so I've watched a few vids on youtubes /DRIVE CLEAN that I bought a foam gun and now use a pressure washer, all sorts of good tips there

timmybrown

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf ssv redline
The dealer has never washed mine. It has gone in there pretty dirty. Back this week. .... again

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
Hi guys I just joined so this is my first post...
Anyway I dropped my VF SSV for a service this morning and I got the same response from the service guy, that it is a recall for the ball-joints, I'm still waiting for them to call back for me to pick it up, they've had it for 4 1/2 hours now

VF Redline

... the ball joint check is a 15 minute job

and that is all holden will pay your dealer to do the job.
I suggest your dealer is being lazy... or their workshop job scheduling is shite!

RockDAhouse

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
i got a even better one, call up holden dealership near my place, said want to book in for a service plus getting the recall done. Their response is what recall? we don't have any record about any recall for your vehicle! I said I got letter from holden indicating there is a recall for my vehicle, they said well you can bring your car in if you like, then you can leave as no recall is recorded here. what da ... SUCH good customer service. Call holden australia, give them my vin number and they come back said you have 2 recalls, power steering and ball joint. Then I told them about my experience with this dealership, they said they can call them now with me on the phone asking them to get the recall done. I said no thank you, as I had enough of their customer service. Call up another dealer, give them vin number and straight away the lady can tell me 2 recalls need to be done and happily book me in.

cfour

Reaction score
Members Ride
Coming Soon
hmm maybe this is the cause of the problem I have with my redline. It seems that I have to constantly keep correcting the direction of the car on a straight road when driving. It basically feels as it there is a dead zone in the steering which causes the car to wander off and thus the requirement for a correction of the steering.

It seemed to start once I got the service recall on the steering done, the dealer service just put it off to a wheel alignment issue. I have had a wheel alignment done when I got my rear tyres replaced and its still wondering and the dead zone is still present.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
MY Redline started tramlining recently too. Took it in and the dealer did the ball joint service campaign. It improved quite a bit, but they told me to replace the tyres on all four wheels, even thought the fronts are about 4mm at the lowest point (edges) and the normal standard is 2mm. Rears have succumbed to the late onset of traction control and ESP since my mods and tune (another story). So while the car was there they did the software upgrade. When I picked it up the customer service bloke says "we did the upgrade and the reverse grid lines are there". "Great" says I. "But the software install got corrupted part way through and the buttons at the bottom of your MyLink screen have disappeared and we cant get them back. We've logged it with Holden, you'll have to bring it back". "Ok no problem" I said. So I took it back. I picked it up later after them having my car for two days (there were a few other minor warranty things I was having done and they were busy so fitting it in as they could). Still no luck on the MyLink and the steering wheel phone buttons aren't working nor can I pair my iPhone (note this was all working fine before the dealer touched it). So I get a call yesterday to say my new "radio" has arrived. WTF these numpties have ####$d my Mylink to the point where Holden ahs to replace the whole head set!!! Now I am concerned they'll screw that install up too and create rattles or whatever. Some bloody dealers are useless!