Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Your thoughts on Alarms and Remote Starts

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
I've seen that happen. Were you enquiring about the Viper 700vxr? Thats the Aus/NZ Standards, the other upgrade system is not a Standards alarm.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
I love alarms.
The noise when you set it off, especially when there's more than one siren... The louder the better.
When it come to add on's though, I prefer tilt sensors and ultrasonic sensors to remote start.
Had remote start on the VN, was good for cold mornings and stuff, but that's about it.

Yeah the noise is cool.... but watching people peel themselves off of ceilings when a car starts by itself... priceless. :D

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
I've got one of the older viper alarms/remote starts on the clubby. Absolutely love it and the remote start is epic especially when the f'ing cat is on the car.

rx2_freak

Smokes, let's go.
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Z SERIES SPORTWAGON
I've seen that happen. Were you enquiring about the Viper 700vxr? Thats the Aus/NZ Standards, the other upgrade system is not a Standards alarm.

yeah it could of been i can't remember. i think they try to steer people away from putting after market alarms in now a days by charging you more when you do it.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
I've got one of the older viper alarms/remote starts on the clubby. Absolutely love it and the remote start is epic especially when the f'ing cat is on the car.
haha, mate of mine back in the US had me fit a 5V output to one of the outputs on his remote start. That was wired directly into the throttle.... push the boot release button and the engine would rev it's head off until you release the button. Awesome on his Ford pick up with open pipes.

rx2_freak... thats just stupid. but what can you do eh? Maybe they think it'll be poorly fitted, continously go off and then someone in your neighbourhood will do everyone a favour by blowing your car up :D

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
Lmao that'd be epic. I'm pretty happy with the viper one, though it could use an upgrade one day

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
So your not trying to drum up business? Looks like it to me.
Dont have a problem with an alarm, or immobiliser, but remote start is a wank factor IMHO.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
So your not trying to drum up business? Looks like it to me.
Dont have a problem with an alarm, or immobiliser, but remote start is a wank factor IMHO.

No I'm not Ian. Market research without a doubt but drumming up business. No. If I was... to what business would it be for Ian? Have I not already made it clear that I'm not giving quotes? I'm simply asking for peoples opinions and what led them to that. Furthermore, so far, the closest thing to advice I have offered is to someone in another country...

What makes you think remote start is a wank factor?

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
an alarm is one of the first things i bought for my impala. not so much for the squeeky noises it makes, just for the ability to immobilse. a 1960's car you gotta get pretty fancy with the security system and i managed to set mine up in such a way that without a jack and a long length of wire, the only way to steal it was on a flat-bed.

since i had a 32 GTR stolen from out from of my flat, ive done some form of immobiliser on every car ive had.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
an alarm is one of the first things i bought for my impala. not so much for the squeeky noises it makes, just for the ability to immobilse. a 1960's car you gotta get pretty fancy with the security system and i managed to set mine up in such a way that without a jack and a long length of wire, the only way to steal it was on a flat-bed.

since i had a 32 GTR stolen from out from of my flat, ive done some form of immobiliser on every car ive had.

And you have a tilt sensor attached to the alarm now right...? So it can't be jacked up or towed away... lol