Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Your worst accident

B

Baritji

When I was about 16, my friends and I were really into Mountain Biking, we used to hang around the tracks the local MTB club used, some of which were a little nasty. There was a large drop off on the side of a hill, about 3m... Every afternoon for about a month we sat up the top all afternoon trying to build up enough courage to ride it............. Eventually, when I got a brand new bike for my Birthday, I decided to go down it...... I went over the handle bars, the pedal snapped, crank went THROUGH my leg, and then I hit a tree midair and broke one rib!!! Didnt hurt suprisingly, though about a day later when I was lying in hospital my entire body felt like it had been hit by a subway train. About a month later, one of the senior MTB members was riding down the same drop off by himself, and and the same thing happened, but his injuries were a LOT worse... For Darwin members, those tracks are hidden off the walking path at lee point. (The path that goes past the RAAF radar thingo place). Anyone know if they're still there?

I was only going about 30km an hour..... I would really hate to stack on a moto going 80+ lol!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Demons1964

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais, WHII Statesman V8, VC L 202
On student exhange in 1992 I was with my mate and his Dad in northern Wyoming USA cutting down pine trees for firewood. Coming down the mountain, I was in the back canopy of the pickup, with no seatbelt on, in fact not even in a seat (yes, all that was legal then but still stupid). Trailer was full of logs, probably 8 metres long and as high and as wide as the truck. Trailer obviously weighed heaps more than the pickup. Going slowly down the side of the mountain and we started fishtailing to the point of going uncontrollably from one side of the road to the other. Eventually we jacknifed, the trailer came round and whacked into the side of the pickup and the truck and trailer rolled. Unbelievably we didn't fall off the side of the mountain. I was unrestrained in the back and I don't know how but we all came out of it with only minor bruising which I felt the next day. The trailer suffered a broken axle and a number of punctured tyres as well as severe panel damage to the pickup. Not to mention the logs strewn all over the road. How there was no fatalities I'll never know.

B

Baritji

Christ Demons, thats lucky.... Whenever I drive on mountain roads I can't help but think how horrible it would be to go off one....

vh-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS sedan and a VK DRGWGN
Baritji said:
For Darwin members, those tracks are hidden off the walking path at lee point. (The path that goes past the RAAF radar thingo place). Anyone know if they're still there?

there are some crazy tracks in there. i went for a ride with the brothers canning and watched them do a massive drop.

Streetvision

Scar-Non
Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VP Commodore
Baritji said:
Christ Demons, thats lucky.... Whenever I drive on mountain roads I can't help but think how horrible it would be to go off one....

I think everyone is, when i am in a car thats going up a mountian i get scared we're going to go off the edge.

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
Nothing involving cars but when I was 12 or 13 riding home from school on my pushie down the really fast downhill windy bit of road on my street my pack rack support thing jammed in the rear tyre so I went flying, still have a scar and indent about the size of a 50 cent piece on my lower back from it..

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
1. when i was 15 i rode my bicycle through a yellow light intersection and collected a car at 40 km/h. my head *totalled* the roofline of the car, it looked like it had been in a major wreck. fractured skull, knocked out, major concussion, heavy bruising down left side of body and torn elbow ligaments. you heal quick when you're 15 tho.

2. hairpin corner on gravel road in the country, with 50 foot verge in between the hairpin sides. major sideways action around the whole hairpin, it was going great i'm a rally star for 3 seconds until i clipped the soft gravel verge on the outside and spun inwards 90 degrees, straight down the 50 foot verge. if i hadn't happened to be pointed straight down, i'd probably have rolled down it and wouldn't be typing this today!

vtwgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT executive wagon
1. when i was bout 9 i was riding a 4 wheeler at a mates place in thongs ( yes very stupid idea). Anyways it was my first time on one and didn't realise how bad tha turning circle was on them compared to a normal dirt bike. I came too close too the fence when turning and my little toe got hooked in that mesh style deer fencing doing about 30 k's. I tore in between my toe back about 2 inches and it was just dangling off my foot. I dunno how it didn't come clean off but iwas in shock so didn't really hurt.

2. back in grade 2 i was walking across the top of the monkey bars and another dumbass kid decided to pull my feet from below. I slipped through the bars and the bottom of my nose clipped the bar as i went through pushing my nose up into my head. I literally have a pointed up nose now because of it! the doctors said i was lucky i didn't pierce my brain coz i wouldn't be alive to tell the story. lets just say i wasn't friends with that kid anymore. Haha me and my mate shoved thumb tacks into his tyres so he had to walk about 5 k's home. Revenge is sweet!

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
hmmmm... I've been in a few accidents, but none are really that bad, but could have been...
there was a few various crahes as a tyke but the one that stands out from my childhood was cruising down the highway home from cairns, car on crossroad didn't want to stop. wasn't a major thing coz dad saw him and swerved to move the point of impact, but the impact tipped the car (94 nissan patrol) up on 2 wheel @120ish...

4 days after getting my L's, drivin in mum's magna I mistook the brake for the throttle and hit my garage wall at about 40km/h. $2700 damage and it never ran right again.

ummmm about 6 monthsor so after getting my VR I was driving through town with my pregnent gf in front seat and her friend in the back. still dunno what caused it but going round a corner the ass stepped out and we went across oncoming lane (thankfully there were no cars coming) and ended up in a ditch about 5foot high. cops drove past just as I punched the bonnet but I guess they never saw us.
ummmm... typical pushie stacks yadda yadda yadda rode up the back of the local skate bowl on a MTB, 12foot jump, pancake by mistake and couldn't pull it up. hit the ground then slid down the back of the hill on my leg but I was a god among mortals for a week.
ridin a bmx I pieced together from a fewwrecks I was ridintg up and down our driveway, gauged my leg on the brake lever bolt I'd shortened but never filed. bout a month later I bunnyhopped onto a ramp (sleeper) over the stairs (split level house) and hit the ground at such an angle I went over the bars and broke my hand on the way over. still can't straighten index and middle finger on my left hand
think thats about all the mentionable ones