Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Zac's VY Calais L67

drift-it

Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 Px ranger 4x4
Hey mate,
Always had a soft spot for VY's and yours is a perfect example. Wait until you get the intercooler/tune and run some more boost you will love it. Not sure if i missed it but where did you find the 4" intake piping?

thanks mate,

i got the alloy pipe from a local alloy supplier "capral" got 1m for $20 total bargain and only cause the bloke that served me was a fellow car enthusiast! so when he found out the pipe was for the calais he took a shitload off of the price :D

hows the l67 go with a manual??

shaune_m

Reaction score
Members Ride
GS300 2JZ TURBO/ S2 RX7
What a bargain! Yeah it goes pretty well mate, heaps more fun but the getrag stock shifter is rubbish so im hopefully going to replace it soon with a billet shifter.
Looking forward to seeing what else you have planned for the beast

drift-it

Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 Px ranger 4x4
started removing the front half of the exhaust to fit extractors tomorrow! what a pain in the ass to remove the manifold bolts! they have a lock nut and a metal strip on the lower bolts and they just wont come off! lol hopefully theyll be easier to take off tomorrow!

drift-it

Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 Px ranger 4x4
ok so extractors and cats are on! got a vibration through the car though and worse when turning left. had a look once i got home and the rhs extractor is hitting the chassis rail! so i gotta figure out how to fix that without taking the extractor out or without melting paint :S

Last edited:

drift-it

Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 Px ranger 4x4
alrighty so some tender tlc from a wedge and hammer has moved the extractor off of the chassis rail :D so i've now gotten to give it a boot full to see what it sounds like...loud! way louder then i was expecting but only under throttle. just cruising and idle isnt any louder at all!

im going to have to go over it though as it sounds like it has some leaks in the welds. little tick,tick,tick noise while cruising.
hoping to install the corvette servo one saturday...if i feel like giving a ****! lol

drift-it

Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 Px ranger 4x4
alrighty this weekend with the help of daisyduke pants clint (will insert pictures later ;P) i installed a 3.46 LSD into the calais.. good notes 2 wheels spinning FTW and the diff gears make a awesome difference to acceleration.

bad notes...pinion bearing whine. the prior history of the diff was unknown so it was a gamble installing it without a overhaul. owell.

since my last couple of drag runs where i was getting 0-100 times of high 7's low 8's and now with the diff and tuning i have gotten 0-100's down to low 7's high 6's. so am very keen for the next street meet i can attend.

i've also gone back to the stock exhaust system. twin 2.5" was doing my head in! though now the stock system is on i can certainly hear exhaust leaks! im organising a twin 2.25" hsv system with a aftermarket rear resi as a swap for my 2.5" system.

GenFree

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX L67 S
I love the L67's,they chop ####s left,right and centre.60 foot kings for their power.

hmmm,somethings not right,My VX with 10psi,rockers,3.07lsd,std headers and R8 2.25" catback and untuned does flat 6's.Has a shift kit also.Whats this tuning thing your using?

Ill put up the vid tomorrow.Does 14.0@98mph.

drift-it

Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 Px ranger 4x4
I love the L67's,they chop ####s left,right and centre.60 foot kings for their power.

hmmm,somethings not right,My VX with 10psi,rockers,3.07lsd,std headers and R8 2.25" catback and untuned does flat 6's.Has a shift kit also.Whats this tuning thing your using?

yer im not sure if its a extra weight thing but my calais seems to be alot slower then everyone elses l67. even when it was basically a stocker. 10psi and it ran a fastest of 16 @ 84. 10 psi rockers and cai 15.8@88. 10psi, rockers, 4" cai, full exhasut extractors back 14.8@91.

all these times however were untuned and no shiftkit with the trans taking 2 secs to change gears. now i've tuned it with tunerpro 5 (look up delcohacking.net for everthing you need) shifts are now more firm and 1 sec and under.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS

Chop ####s left, right and centre and run's a 14.00....................

rhysdalegend

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore VX S Pack
Hey mate, what model is the headunit?
Iv been looking at some of the JVC units..

Very nice ride