Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ZB Commodore Section or Not

Discussion in 'Site Feedback / Site Problems' started by LMF 17, Feb 17, 2018.

Should ZB Commodore have it’s own section.

1. Yes, it’s still a Commodore.

75.7%
  2. No, it’s not a real Commodore.

24.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SnowDoggyDogg

SnowDoggyDogg 2ltr? = Only milk & juice

Members Ride:
    Gen F GTS
    I like the idea of the shared platforms tying the cars together.
    ZB needs its place too, begrudgingly though.

monstar likes this.
  2. Darren

Darren Administrator Staff Member

Members Ride:
    HSV Clubsport R8 E2 M6
    I was just pondering that myself do I don't I, hard to put an end to it all.

3. monstar

monstar Naturally as-pirated

Members Ride:
    Peugeot 207 GTi
    Great. New meta for Zeta (last Aussie Commodore).
    As above stuff like performance upgrades, including exhausts, intakes, tuning, mechanical are exactly the same because it is the same platform.
    Where there are slight MY differences should be catered within the text. If radically different advice and worth excluding to sub-forum then sure should be VEI or VEII or VFI or VFII. But shared knowledge compartmentalised according to productisation is just wrong.
    Has led new members to focus on dumping questions about all and sundry under one big forum heading. Do’g breakfast piled on top of another according to currency. Worse than FaceBook, which is better than Xero at pictures, one-liner conversations, and overall entertainment.
    There is no comparison to a forum when it comes to searching / reviewing subject knowledge database. This is where the current taxonomy lets this site down.
    For example I don’t want to look at, never mind review typical sales chat guff / first car “new car” options paint and rust treatment, indeed that has now moved to the ZB realm, thank god. Maybe that whole honeymoon schmoltz / shiny show car shite can have its own section linked to the Xero Showcase feature extension you installed.
    I’m suggesting perhaps the forum classification is more useful according to subject matter under the main Zeta heading.
    On another note I think Xero user groups are a good thing for specific subject matter / knowledge exchange, possibly distinct levels of expertise / technical dialogue.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  4. tml678

tml678 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    HSV30 Senator (w/end), '00 Magna, '17 Carnival
    I'm a bit of a sentimentalist I guess. It's just a little thing that reminds us of what we had. Up to you mate.

426Cuda likes this.
  5. Ron Burgundy

Ron Burgundy Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VF II SS
    Just end it...
    It is just production end date...

6. tml678

tml678 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Well I guess with your shiny new ZB you woudn't care about the VF anymore anyway......oh wait......

Hyperduc and Ron Burgundy like this.
  7. SSV 407

SSV 407 Active Member

Members Ride:
    VF II SSV Redline
    First post! and probably last in new sub forum :p

8. Ron Burgundy

Members Ride:
    VF II SS
    The engine is different, the interior is different...front and rear end are different...best to keep it as it is..
    Might be hard to find info

stooge, 426Cuda and Noeleter like this.
  9. Darren

Darren Administrator Staff Member

Members Ride:
    HSV Clubsport R8 E2 M6
    The end of the day it is what it is, need to draw the line at some point and say nope VF is done.

Will create some issues with replies though but minor detail, I don't believe redirects can be done easily.

10. LMF 17

LMF 17 Active Member

Members Ride:
    VF2 SSVR
    Agreed, a moment frozen for all time.

tml678 likes this.
  11. monstar

Members Ride:
    Peugeot 207 GTi
    Ron, how is the LS3 different to the L98? The transmission, the diff, the Monroe shocks the PBR or Brembo brakes the a/c or fuel system. Nothing material worth having a different section as an entirely different car.
    Interior / body bits are MY specific, the number of posts about upholstery maintenance and mylink should definitely be relegated to VEI VEII VFI VFII.
    But really, the platform apart from textural edifice is the same. Same fricken answers, slight notable variances that do not accord with VEI VEII VFI VFII product sales break, happy to discuss that in more detail.

12. Ron Burgundy

Members Ride:
    VF II SS
    VY and VZ are also separate...not sure where to stop when merging starts

426Cuda likes this.
  13. monstar

Members Ride:
    Peugeot 207 GTi
    Yeah well I’m not suggesting another section for VY or VZ, where the change in V8 was for emissions. But good point, under the Zeta -> Engine -> V8 will include and refer to VZ LS2 and the prototype L76 as GenIV like the L77 and LS3.
    I’m saying that the function of Q&A and knowledge share is unecessarily fragmented, duplicated or reinvented under in the latest model wheelie bin at the moment. Ridiculous when most sustainable and useful car forums are better structured to easily browse subset of results without knowing jargon or keyword for free form word search.

Ron Burgundy likes this.
  14. dgp

dgp Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VF II SSV Redline
    Someone else who has a clean VK might think the same thing but the reality is, the VK production run did end (as has every model up to the now new ZB).
    Close off the VF section at 2017, production has ended.
    This does not mean that we stop caring about our cars or contributing to this great forum, it simply reflects the reality of what has occurred.

Zehq, VS 5.0, Hyperduc and 1 other person like this.
  15. Lex

Lex Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VT Executive S1 V6 Auto Wagon
    Some new members haven't a clue about some of the things people have mentioned.
    They come to this forum for guidance, from people that have experience & are in the know.
    Keep things easy. Experts know about zeta or meta, l don't, but l don't care. l drive an old vt exe. (20 years old this year).

I've been a member of JC since 9/2012 & since then l've been reading mostly vt-vx related stuff.
    Recently l've discovered the new posts section. It seems to me from a vz on, after 5-6 years or less, the cars are a basket case & should be dropped of at the scrap metal yard or tip. The reason l say this is because none of the mechanics can fix these cars without it costing an arm & leg, then when its supposedly fixed, its not & the problem is still there .
    Reading about the problems ve & vf drivers are having, is not good, nor is it good pr for gmh, or Australian made. (Yes l'm a proud aussie). If l was looking to buy a new car & thought to myself, l think l'll buy a new Commodore & came to a Commodore forum & read about some of the problems people are having with their new car, l'd never buy a Commodore or any other new car.
    Do all new cars have these problems? (other manufacturers)
    These new zb, l've read about on this forum, are German made? If so, maybe it will be a better car? (Germans have a reputation of making superior products).
    Anyway from what l've read about these newer cars (newer than my old vt) l don't want one. l'll continue to drive my old girl as long l can.
    Sorry for when l get side tracked.
    Doesn't matter if l'm right or wrong, l'm just saying.
    Have a nice day & happy motoring (whatever your driving).

commodore665 likes this.
  16. 426Cuda

426Cuda SUBLIME!

Members Ride:
    VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
    +1 for ZB thread and for keeping VE & VF separate.
    They are different models. They have different owners handbooks, workshop manuals etc. They have a plethora of differences. Each deserves its own section.
    I rarely read threads in the VE section. If I need, or want to I just search.
    If all the Zeta's are amalgamated, then VB:VL, VN:VS and VT:VZ may as well be too. Or just lump everything from 1978 to ZB and beyond? in together.
    I'm all for change, but it's not broken, so...

WW-VFSSVR likes this.
  17. monstar

Members Ride:
    Peugeot 207 GTi
    Of course it is broken if you don’t look in the VE for answers on all but trim bits. Seriously, the trim, bumper bits, and power steering, and 0.036” each side of the bore on one variant.
    For communal talk about trim bits and stuff there will always be the main VEI VEII VFI VFII sub section of Zeta.
    But general questions about exhaust tuning and component matching and collective research and development for example, why is that relegated to the most current posts in the VF section?
    Same with cams? Or intakes, or ECU tuning, or TCM tuning, or diff options, or cooling systems, or EFI, or performance modifications.
    You think that there should be one basic section for VEI, VEII, VFI, VFII and then perhaps into sub-forums with those? That’s nothing like a table of contents, that’s ridiculous duplication of info and resources, puts unecessary objects in the road of discovery.
    My suggestion is Zeta General, no need to reclassify all threads at once, but the function is more like browse according to topic vs random nested index.

18. VS 5.0

VS 5.0 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV Z Series M6
    Need to remember that some VF drivers have a certain elitist approach coz VF.....I doubt some of them even know of any threads that are not VF related.

Hyperduc and monstar like this.
  19. VS 5.0

VS 5.0 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV Z Series M6
    Makes no sense. Production has ceased.....leaving some question marks in place of a date won't change that.

Can't change historical facts.....best to acknowledge them and move on.

Lex, Ron Burgundy and monstar like this.
  20. tml678

tml678 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Well of course that's the pragmatic aspect of it. Nothing will change the fact that production has ceased. Personally I like it being open-ended on here. It's like when a famous sportsperson jersey is retired, yet it still hangs in the stadium/rafters for all to see. If others feel differently that's fine too. If Darren changes the ? to 2017, then i won't lose any sleep either. Horses for courses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.