Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Light Sensitive auto lights - adjusting sensitivity

Thumpin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SSV Sportwagon
Silly thread, but can the computer be adjusted to the light level at which they turn on & off?
I need nearly darkness before they switch on:hmmm:

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
I'm not aware if the computer can be adjusted, but you could try a little window tint over the sensor, changing transperancies until you are happy, just being aware that they will pop on quicker with overpasses on freeways. I leave my car set with parkers on at all times so the HIDs just switch on and off as I start the car in the garage and back it out, once out, I switch to headlights and leave it there until I arrive at my destination

Shooter03

Nek Minnit
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz wagon
can't you do it in the menu settings when you start the car??

Posted with my iPhone 4s through tapatalk

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
you could try a little window tint over the sensor,

Umm wouldn't that mean they come on even sooner? OP said he wants them on when it's nearly dark.

The auto headlights give me the shits. They always come on when I don't want them to (in the garage, before starting the car etc). At least in the VY I had the option to permanently switch over to manual mode...

Pickled

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Umm wouldn't that mean they come on even sooner? OP said he wants them on when it's nearly dark.

The auto headlights give me the shits. They always come on when I don't want them to (in the garage, before starting the car etc). At least in the VY I had the option to permanently switch over to manual mode...

I think the OP meant he's shocked that he needs nearly darkness before they switch on? I don't know that smiley is deceiving.

I reckon the sooner the better, even if they turn on when it's still pretty light, it's only going to get darker so saves you turning them on when it does get dark.

In terms of them turning on under freeway underpasses and garages, tough luck buy a VN and turn them on manually.

Thumpin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SSV Sportwagon
Sorry. I just re-read my post and its a bit mis-leading.

I want the lights to come on sooner (before its dark).

I played with dash settings and there nothing there for sensitivity.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
In terms of them turning on under freeway underpasses and garages, tough luck buy a VN and turn them on manually.

Yeah, it shouldn't be like that though. IMO any fancy automatic system should be able to be manually overridden. As in you put it on manual and it stays there, instead of defaulting back to the auto position every time you start the car. Just my 2c...