Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone into Body Building...or go to gym??

GOTMYN

Stab it and Steer...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Whippled 5.7, VE SV6, GU Patrol 3.0DI
Yep, just out of curiosity whats supplemts are you taking, if any?

At the moment i'm taking NanoX9 Nitric Oxide before workouts, and Max's Hydroxy Phase Protein powder after, that is it....
I'm now training 3 days instead of 6 and results are 10 fold!!
It has become obvious that recovery is much more important than working out every day!!

ecotec38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 Commodore 3.8
At the moment i'm taking NanoX9 Nitric Oxide before workouts, and Max's Hydroxy Phase Protein powder after, that is it....
I'm now training 3 days instead of 6 and results are 10 fold!!
It has become obvious that recovery is much more important than working out every day!!

Are you doing a full body routine of a split program?

GOTMYN

Stab it and Steer...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Whippled 5.7, VE SV6, GU Patrol 3.0DI
Program...

At the moment, I am doing as follows,
Monday 7am
Chest: Dumbell press 30kg 5 sets 10, Decline Bar press 70kg 3 set 10, Decline Cable cross 30kg 3 sets 10, pec deck 3 sets 10 max weight.
Tricep rope pulldown 3 sets 10, overhead dumbell tricep extension 3 sets 10, then lastly I do Dips x 4 sets till failure.
Tuesday 7am
Wide arm chin ups..as many as possible, Close grip Lat pulldown, 5 sets 10, Close grip cable row 4 sets 10, single arm cable row (Lats) 3 sets 10, I also use a machine, not sure what it's called, two hands behind your head, grab bar, and extend over head and towards my knees, 3 sets 10, then EZ Bar Bicep curls, 4 sets 12, Preacher curls 3 sets 10, alternate dumbell curls, then Monkey curls, finish with a moster set of dumbell curls starting light to heavy till failure with 5 reps on each, then back down to lightest weight, as many reps as possible.
Wedneday 7am
Front Dumbell raises(shoulders) 4 sets 10, Side dumbell raises 3 sets 10,
machine shoulder press 3 sets 10, dumbell raises (Traps) 3 sets 10,
Squats 3 sets 10, leg press 3sets 10, Hamstring machine curls, and calf raises 3 sets 10...

I know 3 days straight is not optimum, but it suits my lifestyle, I am unable to get to gym thurs fri sat or sun....

At the moment, this is working for me, so until it doesn't........I won't be changing much...

Cheers,

Branch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim
Been going to the gym for the past 2 years or so and have put on 20kg of muscle. I think i'll be pretty beasty if i can put on another 10-15kgs. i'm 100 now and i think anything above that would be pretty big.

About to start a 5x5 routine similar to this

TESTOSTERONE NATION - The Reg Park Way To Serious Size And Strength
you guys should read that article it's really good.

PINKY355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN HSV WAGON
Been going to the gym for the past 2 years or so and have put on 20kg of muscle. I think i'll be pretty beasty if i can put on another 10-15kgs. i'm 100 now and i think anything above that would be pretty big.

About to start a 5x5 routine similar to this

TESTOSTERONE NATION - The Reg Park Way To Serious Size And Strength
you guys should read that article it's really good.

Had some good results myself from a 5x5 routine particularly helping me to break thru some barriers and improve core strength. Interested to see how you find it.

Branch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim
I'll get back to you mate, i start it today!

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
why use fat burners if ur body building, ur trying to gain ait not lose it, turn fat into muscle! protein is all u need! egg's egg's egg's!! <- cheapest protein!! pasta and potatos for energy.. i use to body build, havent in 3 years..

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
Hi guys just thought i'd join in.. havn't read all the posts here...
It's been a long time since i've worked out, i've been on and off. Really regret stopping as you lose everything really quick :cry: Thank god for muscle memory though :D

Want to get back into it... i have a lot of my own stuff but you can't beat a gym.. was wondering if anyone here goes to Dohertys or Bell St Fitness.. or any other gyms in Melbourne's western suburbs? Don't want a gym filled with wankers but yeah...thanks.

PINKY355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN HSV WAGON
why use fat burners if ur body building, ur trying to gain ait not lose it, turn fat into muscle! protein is all u need! egg's egg's egg's!! <- cheapest protein!! pasta and potatos for energy.. i use to body build, havent in 3 years..
Never taken a suppliment yet.
Eggs, Tuna and chicken breasts for protein . Also skim milk powder is 35% protein and about $6 a kilo. Make up a shake out of it alot cheaper than protein powders. Heaps of vegatables particularly the green sort to help with iron levels. Any "low G" food for energy (lots of whole grains of every variety)

AND THE BIG BONUS. If the average person has 1200mg of calcium a day it will help your body to crap out 2.5kgs of fat per year. In other words rather than processing some of the fat you ate the body craps it out as the calcium binds with the fat to create a waxy, undigestable substance. As I said this is on average and taking more than 1200mg of calcium a day will give no extra benefit. Plus the calcium is good for the bones, which will gain/maintain density while weight training.