Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

12mm or 25mm spacer for vz

Silver6

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SV6
With the 25mm ones I have had to leave off the engine covers off , which is a very minor irritant , you may find the gaskets a bugger to remove as well , at least mine were .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Mine were a PITA. They broke off everywhere and I spend ages tediously scraping it off the block and manifold with a razor blade. Got to do it all again hopefully this weekend :)

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Mine were a PITA. They broke off everywhere and I spend ages tediously scraping it off the block and manifold with a razor blade. Got to do it all again hopefully this weekend :)

True that , scraping the bastards off took me forever as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Yeah took a good hour or so and 3 blades to get the job done. Hopefully the RTV will be easier to get off. I think the hardest bit will be getting the manifold itself off :/

from what I am led to believe , it shouldn't be a problem to take off the manifold again , just a gentle tug should do it .

adi91

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
Thanks for your constructive feedback Group C. For the record, have your primary O2 sensors been replaced? The reason for this is that they can be problematic (no longer accurate), while not registering a fault code.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask

Kindest Regards,
Steve

Hey Steve,

Besides that how would we know, which O2 sensor if faulty? :\ and around how much do they cost...any idea?

Am planning to buy a MACE-CAI along with this 12mm spacer

cheers mate

MACE

Reaction score
"Besides that how would we know, which O2 sensor if faulty? :\ and around how much do they cost...any idea?
You can check the condition of an O2 sensor by data logging it on a dyno or on the street. A new O2 sensor will be around the $100 mark.

Am planning to buy a MACE-CAI along with this 12mm spacer"
No problems.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind Regards,
Damian