Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

12mm or 25mm spacer for vz

Mattde

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S1
Thanks Kuz, yeh i had assumed it was something along those lines.
Really would have lover to get the 25mm but having a strut brace I'm nervous that i hardly even have the clearance for the 12mm!
But ill whack it in on sunday and let you know how it goes!

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
With the 25mm ones I have had to leave off the engine covers off , which is a very minor irritant , you may find the gaskets a bugger to remove as well , at least mine were .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
Here are my results of the temperatures taken before and after the fitting , sorry for the angle of the photos
1- the car before before being driven at 7-30 am
2- after a 30 minute drive on open country roads
3 - after a 90 minute city and open road drive , with stop and start driving
4 - taken after the fitting , on a slightly cooler morning , before car being used
5 -after a 30 minute drive on country roads
6 - this is the one that surprised me the most , after the same 90 minute drive city and open road with stop and start use

Have not as yet noticed a difference in fuel consumption but will keep an eye on that .

I'm sure some people will have different opinions on these findings , but I am an completely ,unbiased person , telling you of what I found out , people can take from it what they wish , as for gains , the car certainly has more poke down low , seems a lot more willing to rev put as well , and I can certainly feel the difference in temperatures without the use of a infrared thermometer, it will be interesting to see what happens in the coming autumn and winter months when temperatures will be cooler .
cheers Mace for a very good product .
Ian

Attachments

• temp before insulator 1.jpg
    temp before insulator 1.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 285
  • temp before insulator 2.jpg
    temp before insulator 2.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 273
  • temp before insulator stop start city.jpg
    temp before insulator stop start city.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 294
  • temp after insulator 1.jpg
    temp after insulator 1.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 261
  • temp after insulator 2.jpg
    temp after insulator 2.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 267
  • temp after insulator stop and start city.jpg
    temp after insulator stop and start city.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 292
Last edited:

Mattde

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S1
Top Write up!
Finally got my 12mm installed and it fits perfect with 2-3mm clearance from the strut brace (Thank God!)
Really happy with the results too. Much more responsive low down.
Took it for a drive in the wet last night. Whilst sitting at 40kmph decided to plant my foot and actually managed to get the wheels spinning when the trans downshifted. oopps, my poor tyres. Couldn't be more happy though. great product!

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
Top Write up!
Finally got my 12mm installed and it fits perfect with 2-3mm clearance from the strut brace (Thank God!)
Really happy with the results too. Much more responsive low down.
Took it for a drive in the wet last night. Whilst sitting at 40kmph decided to plant my foot and actually managed to get the wheels spinning when the trans downshifted. oopps, my poor tyres. Couldn't be more happy though. great product!

They are good , the 25 mm ones I've got in my VZ make all the difference , on a personal note I reckon the Alloytecs really do benefit from this modification . I had the 12 mm ones on my old VX and thought they were great as well .

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
Interestingly , whether it's just my imagination , but my car seems to be getting more torquey over time , probably just the computer adjusting to the intake temps dropping .

Group C

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv6
First long trip away after fitting 12mm to my VZ v6,have done the trip Goldcoast to Syd many times in last couple yrs before mod was averaging 7.2/7.4 ltr-100km,after mod found fuel usage higher up to 8.2/8.8 ltr-100km :(,did notice would hold gear in hills better so defiantly increase in torque,but disappointed in fuel usage comparison

MACE

Reaction score
First long trip away after fitting 12mm to my VZ v6,have done the trip Goldcoast to Syd many times in last couple yrs before mod was averaging 7.2/7.4 ltr-100km,after mod found fuel usage higher up to 8.2/8.8 ltr-100km :(,did notice would hold gear in hills better so defiantly increase in torque,but disappointed in fuel usage comparison
Thanks for your constructive feedback Group C. For the record, have your primary O2 sensors been replaced? The reason for this is that they can be problematic (no longer accurate), while not registering a fault code.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask

Kindest Regards,
Steve