Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

A little annoyed with Repco

cracker

Reaction score
repco are a bunch of dead set morons
its always instock untill u get there, then it doesnt exist or nah we cant find it on the shelf ill ring xyz store theyll have it

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
isn't the price sticker on the shelf "advertising"?

Thats kind of what really bugs me. They're willing to beat a competitors DISCOUNTED catalogue price, but refuse to budge on a competitors shelf price that is always lower. It's crap. Can't really say much for their customer service today either. Could they have looked like they wanted to be working any less?!?! Also needed a one off socket and I got a *sigh* when the staff member had to go and get the key for the cabinet.

I'm not saying every Repco store is like this. When I lived near Kellyville I always got good service there. Even if the prices were still over the top. My father in law used to work for a spare parts supplier until about August last year. I used to get spark plugs @ $1.50 each, Ryco oil filters for $4, air filters for $6, auto trans service kits for $3.50 and Nulon Synthetic oil for $30. Those were the good days.

XTC16

Certified Wise
Reaction score
Members Ride
Foot Falcon
The problem with any store like this, is the fact that they are all franchises, and at the end of the day, it's down to DIY Dave who owns the shop that "really" has the final say ...

jet_pilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive
i got a new sub from supercheap (kenwood) and 2 door's down at autobarn they had the same one at nearly double the price (i looked there first) walked back into autobarn with the sub to buy a box and they asked to see my docket thinking i walked out with it earlier and they started swearing when they saw the price from supercheap but they had ported boxes desighned for this particular sub lol they werent happy

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
i got a new sub from supercheap (kenwood) and 2 door's down at autobarn they had the same one at nearly double the price (i looked there first) walked back into autobarn with the sub to buy a box and they asked to see my docket thinking i walked out with it earlier and they started swearing when they saw the price from supercheap but they had ported boxes desighned for this particular sub lol they werent happy

That reminds me when I was after a set of the 4 way Pioneer speakers. Autobarn had them for $190 and Strathfield had them in a catalogue for $119. I asked if Autobarn could at least match it and they hummed and harred and said they'd be losing money if they did. Lowest they would go was $160. I started waling out and they said "$150". I replied "but I can get them around the corner for $119". He said $130. I kept walking then he says "Ok $119". They guy was not happy but thats his problem. When did shopping turn into an auction?

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
so why go to the effort of whinging at the autobarn person about getting something cheaper. for most catalogs, where prices for things are ridiculously low, they usually buy it in at a cheaper price so they can sell it at that price and make something out of it, then yuo goto another store who doesnt have them on sale and has to lose money just to keep your whiney ass happy. did you buy anything else at the same time? if not, why didnt you just buy it from strathfield?

its people that are so cut up about losing some money, that theyve gotta get it for as cheap as possible, that make shopping into an auction.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
well you do know what repco stands for dont you.....Rip Every Poor C*nt Off...

sums it up pretty well....

that and bad info sums it up real good. i wouldn't go there unless it was the last option. rather go to supercheap, get things like fitlers etc when their on special and stock em up on the shelf at home

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
so why go to the effort of whinging at the autobarn person about getting something cheaper. for most catalogs, where prices for things are ridiculously low, they usually buy it in at a cheaper price so they can sell it at that price and make something out of it, then yuo goto another store who doesnt have them on sale and has to lose money just to keep your whiney ass happy. did you buy anything else at the same time? if not, why didnt you just buy it from strathfield?

Well I did buy oil, filters and plugs. I also asked the Autobarn guy if he could match competitiors prices and he said "Yeah not a problem, what are you after". Then he does a complete 180 and tells me he can't? WTF? Don't B.S to me.

Anyway, an update on the Repco thing. I got a phone call from Repco head office. They confirmed that it DOES apply to competitiors shelf prices but it must be proven. Then he proceeded to tell me that Supercheap don't stock Z154 filters and Autobarn don't carry Bosch spark plugs. He also told me that for my troubles next time I go to Repco he'll offer me a trade discount. I wonder how I prove he said I could have a trade discount? Do I get it in writing? As I said to the guy, I at least appreciate that they contacted me.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
Well I did buy oil, filters and plugs. I also asked the Autobarn guy if he could match competitiors prices and he said "Yeah not a problem, what are you after". Then he does a complete 180 and tells me he can't? WTF? Don't B.S to me.

gotta agree with hakhawk. i cant see why you would want them to lose $70 just so that you didn't have to walk around the corner. did you prove to him that was the price or did he think you were making it up? a price match that large would probably mean that $119 was lower than the cost price, so selling it to you at a loss could get him in trouble. who knows.
edit - just re read it. so it was obvious that they would be selling it below their cost prices, yet you still tried to get them to go lower. i dont see the point of the argument