Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

A little annoyed with Repco

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS Clubsport, VP Wagon Daily
hi guys, i work at repco, and to clear this up, if you can prove a cheaper price full stop, we will beat it by 10 percent of the difference... hope that helps. you just have to be able to back it up.

Which repco are you at man? Im a repco boy myself

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I hope the young blokes on this forum aren't offended, but I find that most places like Supercrap and Autobarn employ junior staff who don't have any product knowledge. How much will a 17 or 18 year old know about parts interchangablity for early model Holdens, or even know what I am talking about if it isn't spelt out on their computer for them?

Generally, I find the young (that is, under 20 or so) blokes are pretty vague and have to rely on dogalogues for every purchase that isn't on a shelf in front of them.

That's another reason I love shopping at trade price at my local Holden dealer. A spare parts bloke who respects me as a customer and knows his stuff, plus I get a good deal on the price

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
I hope the young blokes on this forum aren't offended, but I find that most places like Supercrap and Autobarn employ junior staff who don't have any product knowledge. How much will a 17 or 18 year old know about parts interchangablity for early model Holdens, or even know what I am talking about if it isn't spelt out on their computer for them?

every supercheap ive been into has employed morons that wouldnt know a thing about cars.

Fr3ak+--

Closed On Monday
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Exec 5 Speed
The only time these companies sell below cost, is if the product has been discontinued.

thats a load.. autobarn and supercheap do it on a regular basis..

you ever seen the castrol gtx promotion at autobarn? where they sell it for $12 for five litres?

that is below cost price.. they do it to get the customers in the door so they purchase other stuff while they are there

FusionX

Reaction score
Generally, I find the young (that is, under 20 or so) blokes are pretty vague and have to rely on dogalogues for every purchase that isn't on a shelf in front of them.

I would have to agree. 2 weekends ago I went in chasing a set of belts. Went in with the exact sizes. Told the young guy behind the counter and he goes "What car is it for?". Now I'm not running the standard belts, so telling him the car would of been useless. Eventually he had to go get his boss who found the belts straight away. Can it be that hard to go out the back and get the required belt sizes?

Not saying all young employees are like that.... but most seem to be.

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore V6 S2 and a BA XR6T
im 18 and have to agree that the supercheap store here has a bunch of young (18 and less) people that know **** all!!! u ask them a simple question (that i already know...just to see if they know :p) and they stare at ya like..... WTF is a car!! lol auto barn here know there stuff....not a great deal but they do know a hell lot better then the others.....and repco well there the knowledgeable bunch out of teh lot.......they know exactly what your after.....then again they hire people that know there stuff about cars....they hire some (nice looking) chick a while ago.....u would think she knows **** all but dam she knows more then all them put together hahhah

Last edited:

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
im 18 and have to agree that the supercheap store here has a bunch of young (18 and less) perople that know **** all!!! u ask them a simple question (that i already know...just to see if they know :p) and they stare at ya like..... WTF is a car!! lol auto barn here know there stuff....not a great deal but they do know a hell lot better then the others.....and repco well there the knowledgeable bunch out of teh lot.......they know exactly what your after.....then again they hire people that know there stuff about cars....they hire some (nice looking) chich a while ago.....u would think she knows **** all but dam she knows more then all them put together hahhah

ive noticed that too. id go into supercheap and the chick would know more than all of the other guys. the guys looked and acted like stoners. asked them if they had a T-piece for an oil pressure switch, and they showed me the section with the nylon t pieces for small rubber hoses. i didnt bother clarifying what i was after, just said yeah....thanks

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
I have been buying a few parts here and there and I have experienced the same issues as all of you. There has been some comments on here that Holden were the place to go for some parts.

The bushes/regulator unit on my alternator needed replacing so I went to holden. They needed a VIN (I am like, I don't have it with me, the car isn't working which is why I need the part)and told me there were 2 different alternators and needed to know the correct one. At this point I am thinking this is just too hard, will try somewhere else.

I then went to Autopro in phillip (in the ACT) and within 5 min I had the part in my hand as well as some info about how to install it. I have been back to these guys a few times for oil/filter, battery, thermostat and gasket and a few other things and they win on price and service. Anyone reading who is in the ACT I recommend them.

There is also a chick on the counter and within 5 seconds I knew that she knew her stuff and had been trained by the guys at the shop. It makes such a difference when you get great service by people who know what they are doing.

I have used Repco a fair bit and their tools are excellent, have not had one fail yet. They are a little bit more expensive for other stuff than the supercheap/autobahn.

Another Story

I went looking for a light bulb for my ef falcon and was after the right one. There was no spare parts book near the globe rack so I asked the parts guy. He said he didn't know and didn't bother to look it up for me. I went across the driveway to supercheap and had the part in 5 min.

I then went back across to autobahn and a different guy was at the counter and told me everything I wanted to know and was a pleasure to deal with. So even in the same store it can be different.

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore V6 S2 and a BA XR6T
I then went back across to autobahn and a different guy was at the counter and told me everything I wanted to know and was a pleasure to deal with. So even in the same store it can be different.

i do have to agree with this as at teh super cheap here there is only one person that knows a little and thats the manager (original guy from when it started) he knows a fair bit ...at auto barn theres only 2 that know some stuff (one is teh original from when it started and the other used to be a car sales man) i guess it comes down to training......tell ya one thing though i only shop at super cheap for the price. If they don't have it on the shelf i don't bother asking anymore, its just a wast of time (unless manager is there)

hell i aint saying i know everything but i think i (and a hell of allot off noobs on here:thumbsup: lol) know more then most of the guys they hire. its funny how they hired some guys i know of that have never worked or been interested in cars and they put then on teh spare parts counter...like wtf lol. I did apply there once and they were like meh....then these clowns came along!!...stupid lol

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
Sounds like when I was trying to get a coolant temperature sensor for the wagz, a couple of the staff at big chain stores were trying to tell me VN's don't have them, one was insisting the oxygen sensor was the one i was after