Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

A little annoyed with Repco

sleek_vp

sleek_vp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute
well her in north brissy i go to repco &supercheap both in the same street in Enoogera and they seem to be alright iv never had a problem and autobarn at virginia and they also seem to be alright and iv also been to conventry's at stafford& geebung and they to were very good, iv never received bad customer service or that i can remember

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Each store is different.

Supercheap - good for cheap quality tools, specials on oils and things, pretty much anything of crap quality and low price. It can come in handy when you you're doing something and need something cheap and quick to finish the job. The oil's and things are only cheap on special.

Autobarn - Like WW said above, good for audio stuff and the bigger stores have a huge range of products. Autobarn's also I think the best for car accessories, ie seat covers, gear knobs, etc. The Autobarn's with spare parts counters are just as good as Repco, Autobarn in Narre and Dandy are awesome stores.

Repco - Generally trade quality tools and products. Every tool I've bought from Repco has served me beautifully and their spare parts counter is a treat. Also it's pretty bang on with the Autobarns with them.

Bursons - The best prices, the biggest range (except they don't stock Penrite) and bloody fast delivery. The catch is that you need to know someone to get trade prices. Even the quality of their own products is pretty damn awesome. Plus I've just found out that Bursons give preferential pricing to different customers, so it's possible to get things a **** load cheaper than trade price, as I have quite happily found out.

The quality of the staff can be ranked in the order above. Supercheap generally employ 16 year olds whereas Burons/Repco have much more knowledgable staff. Bursons are a mile ahead of even Repco though.

Autobarn is somewhere in between, depending on the store.

Secret to buying parts cheap. Get all your oil's when the parts places have 20% off storewide. It usually works out cheaper than trade.

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
When I started this thread I never intended to question the quality of products stocked by various stores. It was to voice my frustration over what I strongly believed was false advertising by Repco. The good thing about Repco is you can get pretty much buy any hoses or hard to find parts over the counter. But if there's one thing I hate it's false or misleading advertising. I only ever saw that ad on tv twice. It would be no surprise if they pulled it due to complaints.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Late to the party, but i found a post on the first page really funny - i cant see why you would want them to lose $70 just so that you didn't have to walk around the corner.

They aren't selling below their cost price. Those speakers mentioned would cost from a supplier about $80 (before GST etc)

They just have such a high mark up. At $119 they are selling at near their lowest min price. The only time these companies sell below cost, is if the product has been discontinued.

Cordelia calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VY Acclaim
It is frustraiting! What happens is if nothing is on sale at any store and one company has an item cheeper than some one else they are supposed to price match so long as the cheep store has not sold out. If an item is on sale at one place and not at the other then they dont have to price match, if they are both on sale they price match so long as the store has not sold out, in some cases if an item is on sale at one store eg mitre 10 and you want it at bunnings they will give you 10% off the ticketed price not what the sale price is from the other store. Also if you are buying something in a centre some places wont match if the store is outside the centre. It is all open to interp and for people to not know the policy is crap! I worked at super cheap in nsw b4 I moved to melb and new not a darn thing about cars but that was ok because we did a two week course on how the FIND things and what a policy was so if you did;nt know something you just said " I will see if we have that in stock" and then get the info off the computer all the while looking very cool!
Next time just get the manager right away!!

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
hi guys, i work at repco, and to clear this up, if you can prove a cheaper price full stop, we will beat it by 10 percent of the difference... hope that helps. you just have to be able to back it up.

LOL, thats hardly worth it. I'd rather my custome go to the business with the cheaper item.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
See its so much easier where i work. If a customer comes to me at bunnings and says oh i saw this for a certain price somewhere else. If its under say 50 bucks ill just let it go. Same goes with really any item within reason.

As my managers say, its better to loose 10 or 20 bucks than to loose a potential returning customer, as well as having bad customer service stories pop up, such as this thread.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
about the guys not knowing about t&c

at my work we brought in a loyalty system and we were given very basic details about it so customers ask questions and we wouldnt have a clue. gotta love poorly run businesses