Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

A little annoyed with Repco

Brucefromruse

CRAVEN MOORHEAD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive s2
repco are a load of wank...beat this beat that...yeah mate seen it all b4...its what you call bait advertising....

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
what can I say ... spare parts have gone down the drain.

Problem is you dont have to be a parts interpreter to work at Repco like the old days, or supercheap or autobarn, you just need to be good at retail, and the few parts interpreters left are being snapped up and payed more money then any repco or SCA would offer to pay to work elsewhere ...

timgte

v8 fuel sucker
Reaction score
Members Ride
Berlina
have to agree. I have been manager at Autobarn now for 7 years and good parts people are hard to find! We have a repco down the street and they are rude and expensive, so we get all their customers, but at the same time we dont carry as much spare parts as them, so they get that part of the business. Repco is a trade shop that sells to retail customers, not a retail shop, autobarn is the opposite. And supercheap is different again. People need to understand that too. I get customers all the time getting ****ty that we dont have parts for their 80's model car in stock. (almost 30 years old for gods sake)I always get the same old "Repco do them why dont you" i reply with "Im sorry sir, might have to go down to repco and purchase them there" to which they reply, "Oh they dont have them in stock". Nothing annoys me more!

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
B000000000!!!

Thread Digging Ftl!!!!!!!!!!

And_ROOS

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV +6
The difference in the Repco, Autobarn and Supercheap near me is in the staff. Usually they have what i need, but the efficiency in getting it is what costs time or frustration. Sometimes i go in there and ask for something, say a certain type of oil or filter, and the person straight up knows exactly what im after, where it is, and if theres a sale on it or a better product then it.

And sometimes you get someone who says "look over in that isle" and sends you into the audio section when you want brake pads.

timgte

v8 fuel sucker
Reaction score
Members Ride
Berlina
sounds like my staff. Sorry to dig up old thread, but just came accross it.

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Agreed that shellharbour repco sux, usless staff and always out of stock. Im glad we have autobarn now.Supercheap was only good for day to day stuff, if i had to ask about somthing i would simply go elswhere where i will get an answer. Repco in wollongong is good as long as you get the right staff bloke there and cause its bigger they usually have the stock there. Need a auto shop closer to warrawong. I am always split btween going to wollongong or going to shellharbour.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Yell at Geoff (wagon wheel) he works at Repco. :rofl:

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS Clubsport, VP Wagon Daily
Shut up coby you doosh lol.
Yes i work at repco, i find that repco is the best for hard parts (filters, pads, ball joints etc etc)
Super cheap is ONLY good for cheap nasty things off the shelf like cable ties and air fresheners and stuff lol, while autobarn is mostly useless except for audio gear, which i would go to other places rather than autobarn anyway.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Yeah, he is right. But still yell at him anyway because you are all angry. :p