Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ABS, Engine, Traction Control and Airbag Lights

topdzl

Reaction score
Website
www.aghaith.com
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7
i had mine disconnected till i replaced it with new one, but i only did that when the guy at the shop did some obdi thing lol and told me to never connect it unless you're gonna replace it. That's what happened with me.

JRNZER

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hyundai i30 N-Line
Had this problem with my VS Stato last year.
Dash lights coming on and running like crap,Then one day the car died and wouldnt start.
Asked the guy at my local garage an he said the alternator regulator.
Went to repco and got one for $70.Easy to put in,Car ran perfect after that.

This might not be the same fix as others in this thread but it could be worth a look.
The regulator is located on the back of the alternator,Just a couple of screws and a clip holding it in.

SuchIsLife13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT super 6 spack
anyone able to help me?
my engine light, ABS and oil light are on aswell as a "serv error" light on my dash,
can someone help me?

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Could be a faulty ABS module. Disconnect the electrical plug and see if the oil light goes out, if so, probably need a new module.

madcapmagician

Phatburger fanatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VXII Berlina 3.8
ABS sensors are on the output shafts of the diff i.e. in real close to the diff - not out at the wheels.

craig28c

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Equipe
Hi all,
My VX is playing up & starting to get more regular at it.
The dash lights ramdomly lit up & flashing on Sunday afternoon while driving along around 60km/h. Tonight same thing, lit up ramdomly & flashing etc but in evening with headlights on.
This in turn 'spiked' the headlights blowing both bulbs (were on dip). Yep I understand it will/may be ABS module or possibly right front abs lead but what concerned me was why did the bulbs blow from a 'power surge'? Park bulbs working, high beam working just low beam out. Replaced both bulbs & no problems driving home etc.
It got me thinking it may not be ABS module ...maybe more like alternator? Right or wrong? The alternator light was certainly flickering the most - just like when voltage regulator is stuffed & needs replacing.
I did the (dealer) trip computer check thing (holding both the mode button down & up button down while starting car) & the voltage showed 14.1v at both idle & increased engine speed. Is that too much?
Or should I head down ABS module path & replace that etc?