Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Adventra tailgate swap onto commodore wagon.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
This is gonna be a pain in the arse ,might tackle it on the weekend, after today I really don't feel like laying at stupid angles to see under the dash at the wires.

Should have said it earlier but thank you @lout & @Fu Manchu for all the help with this conversion, without those impossible to find wiring diagrams I'd be in for alot of swearing and guessing, and probably another wiper controller module after I short it out.
but it is so awesome

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Now to convert the rest to AWD.

Exogator

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Executive wagon, VT Acclaim
Now to convert the rest to AWD.
You speak like I have money hah It's a bush basher, so I could use awd but I think the transmission tunnel is different on the addy tho?

Still have to get around to putting my roof racks/basket/awning and lights back on that I took off to change the cracked black roof rails to the silver ones so the addy "spoiler" didn't stand out so much.

And I need to mount the bullbar, too many roos out here... and loose sheep.

The only reason why that tailgate even got put on is because my headline started to drop, got passed off pulled all the trim out, hit my head on the tailgate like 20 times leaning in, stuff it, off it comes.
"May aswell put those silver roof rails on to match the silver wagon spoiler I have"
"Wait that addy boot has a silver spoiler"

And so a headline swap ended up in this mess xD

Exogator

Reaction score
Members Ride
A photo of the bogan bus before the swap for your viewing pleasure, or maybe you'll want to bleach you eyes?
You choose.
1705493814205.jpg

Last edited:

Exogator

Reaction score
Members Ride
I know this thread is getting a little side tracked, but did you know having the rear glass 1/2 open while driving it massively improves fuel economy, my normal economy is 12.5L-13L/100km.
With the glass half open it went down to 9.2L/100, even driving like a tw@ it went up to 10.4 then after a bit of driving it went back down and stayed at 9.2-9.4, if my car was running right I'd imagine it'd be lower yet. Only went into town and to a few shops so it's only a 200km sample but it's still impressive.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Boosted with farts.

SSFUNKEL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLX 202, VR BT1, VZ SS 6.0 GEN IV
It'd half the 0-60, I guarantee it
That's a Killer effort mate, well done. I've got an old Ambo Adventra N i have ppl coming up n asking why their wagons dont have a window that opens. Lol. I thought they were just being suss n trying to see tools in the boot but it's happened a few times. I'm amazed it was never added as an Option. But I guess they had the production line and anything straying outside that would have the dudes al Lizbeff Bungling it. Now all ya need is to modify the Side windows to open! Lmao. I only came across the thread coz Mine has had the plastic latch perish and it now wont close fully. I notice it's white plastic most other latch mechanisms are black hardened plastic. I tried bulking up the 'D' latch on the rear window but all that done was made more of the plastic latch Perish! N If you've got that much success so far If ya can get one speed on the rear window Ya gotta be happy with that.

Exogator

Reaction score
Members Ride
That's a Killer effort mate, well done. I've got an old Ambo Adventra N i have ppl coming up n asking why their wagons dont have a window that opens. Lol. I thought they were just being suss n trying to see tools in the boot but it's happened a few times. I'm amazed it was never added as an Option. But I guess they had the production line and anything straying outside that would have the dudes al Lizbeff Bungling it. Now all ya need is to modify the Side windows to open! Lmao. I only came across the thread coz Mine has had the plastic latch perish and it now wont close fully. I notice it's white plastic most other latch mechanisms are black hardened plastic. I tried bulking up the 'D' latch on the rear window but all that done was made more of the plastic latch Perish! N If you've got that much success so far If ya can get one speed on the rear window Ya gotta be happy with that.
It's ironic that you mention side windows opening xD I've been wanting to diy some emu wings for a while, once the draws are back in the glass will be the main thing to open on the rear, as it is already that b!tch is always getting opened, it's like a new toy that never gets old, it's wicked for crusing with it open too, It pulls air backwards so instead of the 100kph wind slap to the face when you roll them down.. it's a gentle breeze across your neck.
Only downside is my cats are "perfect working order" so it smells gross on acceleration xD