Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone giving up the durries?

berowra_vn

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn commodore
well my missus is bugging the **** out of me to quit, only been smoking for two years but quite heavily.now im 18, the only big hurdle i have in the way of fighting cravings is the fact that i live with 5 other smokers, friends are smokers, and work collegues are smokers too. any tips?

Hunter SS

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS
if you REALLY want to quit, you can do it without patches or medication... it's all about will power. People who say they can't quit, don't want to... it's as easy as that! i quit cold turkey 15 years ago and i was smoking almost 2 packs of 40 per day at the time. I haven't even felt like one since.

lastlegend

Phantom VY SS
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 Black VY SS + 1999 Silver VT Olympic Sedan
Hi mate,

I was a smoker for nearly 20 years, started to get short of breath just doing normal things like walking with the kids or playing with the kids ( I'm not over weight and thought I was fit) I went to the doctor who told me I had two paths ahead - 1 give up the smokes or 2 look forward to carry around the oxygen.

I took the first option with the tablets and found I gave them up in just under 5 weeks and have not looked back.

Its been 6 months now and the doctor told me it will take awhile for my lungs to repair but as with all smokers you will never have 100% lung capacity ever again but it beats the future alternitive.

Give them up.....best thing you will ever do for yourself and your family

cameron20020

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 1990 V6 3.8L
good luck to becoming a non smoker. i dont see myself ever quitting, but it doesnt bother me, except when i have too much and then i stop for a week or two when my throat stops hurting, then i get back on it.

i probably should quit lol, but yeah if you really want to, you can probably do it

doms3

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz
1 WEEK TODAY.Best thing I have ever done

jesse'sVT5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS Series 1
I decided I am going to give it another go this year, have to stop. Did it on my own for six months but took it up again. Really wish I didn't, I know it smells horrible... So my wife tells me :p

BlackVT5.7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec 5.7
Quit November 2008, haven't had one since, good luck all who try!
Went cold turkey too, quitting smoking was a cake walk compared to some things in life.