Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] ATTENTION! (Chopped Springs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
<sarcasm>definately, cable ties and duct tape fixes all things! oo also wd 40 but i think it's useless in this case. :eek:
</sarcasm>

Cable ties are only good for if you cut one spring shorter than the other. You put plenty of cable ties on the higher spring and it will reduce the height of the taller spring if you can compress them down enough.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
I realise this thread is a few weeks old now, but the other night, I was watching an episode of Oerhaulin on Foxtel. The 68 Firebird they were overhauling scored a nice new set of lowered, heavy duty front springs. Trouble is, they weren't low enough, so out they came and guess what???

One complete coil cut from each one, right there on the TV, using an angle grinder.

Nothing like getting the wrong message out for all the dimwits to pick up!
That's fairly standard for those shows. I've seen them do it more times than I care to count!

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67
Serves this guy right,i know the road and said hump and for this turkey to get airborne the guy must have been doing about 100 to get it in the air.

Adriianz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS
Last night i went for a cruise to the city,Whilst heading home down lygon st close to the corner of brunswick rd i noticed a white vn on the side of lygon st just past the old railway hump.I pulled over as the driver looked stressed and the car was a mess.I walked to the left of his car and though FFAAARRKK what happened bud? Story goes he had king spring lows in the rear and cut 2 and a half coils off and put on some ceptors on the rear (15") to dump his beast } but as he flew over the bump the left coil fell out to the left and cut the tyre,brake hose and he landed real hard which bent the strut and pushed the diff to the right about 10 cms. I thinks you idiot.Hes like yeah its my stupid mistake should of thrown some cable ties on springs,bhaaahahahaha lol
Basically i think this issue on cut springs has been covered many times? but i never took it quite serious myself untill i actually saw the danger it poses and the damage it can cause.

I just hope my message will reach some young drivers as this guy only had is licence for 3 months.Im not having a go at the youngies but just want to alert others aswell who choose to hit an agle grinder to their coils,DONT DO IT its friggin scary and deadly\
Also very costly as i think its going to set this dude back atleast a grand to fix his undercarriage.
I left the twat in the mess as he was to busy calling his mate and bragging about gettin airborne and how sick it was???:bang:
CONCLUSION?? Your life and others life is worth more than a few hundred bux.Buy propper and trapped lowered springs.

serves him right, idiot shouldnt use chopped springs, just buy ultras if you want to be really "sick" lol

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Status
Not open for further replies.