Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best H7 globes for VE headlights ?

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
The Osram Rallye aren't available here. I emailed Osram early this year. You have to import and they cost too much then.

65W vs 55W is no problem for wiring.

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sting SV Black Edition Tourer
if its to be off the shelf, def Silvervision from Philips.

HoldenOnn

Roll Cage Territory
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais Series 2 HBD V6 Sedan 2004
I have ordered the 65w H7 Osram Rallye 2100 lumen bulbs for VE Berlina. Will let you all know how they go compared to the stock bulbs.

Bear in mind that buying "plus 80" or "plus 100" bulbs, even from the top companies like Philips and Osram doesn't mean that you get near double the total brightness. In alot of cases, bulbs like this will definetely give you more light and slightly whiter light, but the output may only go from eg 1500 lumens to maximum of 1750 lumens. Only part of the light output (no matter how small) has to reach this "plus 80 or plus 100".

See interesting info regarding bulb specs in the link below;

Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply

HoldenOnn

Roll Cage Territory
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais Series 2 HBD V6 Sedan 2004
I have installed the new 65w H7 Osram Rallye 2100 lumen bulbs to the VE Berlina. The light output is so much better.

There are no shadows or dulling throughout the entire light beam, and there is no extra spill or glare to oncoming motorists as the globe is still a halogen and bears the same lighting characteristics as the factory bulb, unlike a HID conversion where the light characteristics are vastly different and light spill and glare for oncoming motorists is an issue.

troyjm310

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Sportwagon SV6 Z Series
I have a few of the OSRAM 65w 2100 lm for sale if anyone is interested.

OFFROAD STANDARD
971b017c24ac1530a1d878260ca3d05e.gif

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
well my plus 50 Narva is still going strong. I think i've even solved the constantly blowing stop/tail globes too. I got a pair of phillips globes made in France last time one of the cheap crap ones blew and its been in there about 9 months and still going. Interestingly the other cheap one is still going too, so i'm suspicious that the cheap crap globes that a lot of places sell these days are under rated in terms of resistance or something ( can't remember ohms law ) and so get burnt out ??? The bloks at auto barn tried to sell me the cheap ones too, but i said no way have you got any better ones.............. and THEN he pulled out the phillips ones so. There's a tip for ya !!

johnni

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore
Phillips are always a rip off and even the cheaper not l own brands produce the same amount of light.
If you have protectors on your car mate get get yourself a set of 6000k hid lights.

I have them in my omega with protectors and they work great, plus I aimed then a tad down so no one flashes me on the road. Plus the white colour with some blue in it looks awesome

If you don't have protectors just get yourself any globes that produce a white light for around $20-30. Don't bother getting anything expensive like Phillips

Azza160

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS 2007
Hey mate,

I have a VE that had reflector headlights. I purchased the HID upgrade off Ebay, the ones with the ballast built into the screw cap. In the stock reflector lamps they were not very good as there was no direction to the light and it was actually harder to see on dark roads than the original globes.
I have always wanted the projector headlights as I think they look better both during the day and when the lights are on at night. So I installed a set the other night and fitted the HID globes. It is amazing the difference Projector lamps make especially with HID Globes. As the light it directed they are so much more powerful, plus they look awesome from the front compared to the reflectors.
I would recommend to everyone, HID in VE projector lamps are unbelievable. Get them.

glennhinkley

Hinko 23
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Calais V
Got Philips Diamond Vision in my Calais. Great white light. Autobarn sell them for $145 pr. Can get em off ebay for $50 bucks pr. Never had any problems.
Was guna install HID's but Holden (and a few different mechanics) advised against it in VE's. Apparently it causes electrical gliches, not sure about VZ and models prior to that.