Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Black 04 VY SS

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VY SS :)
Okies, Well Next tueday the car goes in for the Rebuild on the diff. :D Drop it of Tuesday morning pick it up Wednesday night :) Can't wait. I Managed to get it for $1800 Drive in and out, with 3.46s Brand New TruTrak system, bearings and all...

Has anyone watched the theory on how they work? the Difference and what makes them so strong compaired to a basic LSD is, that theres no clutches in it, Its just straight gears on gears so theres nothing to really go wrong unless you have stupid amount of power and drive it like no tomorrow.

Also my aerial has been sticking a little bit, But it eased of and has been good for the last week. Then all the wind we have been Getting here in Adelaide. I got to my grandpas and he pointed out that the top half of my aerial was on a right angle HAHA!. So i broke the top half off, Because the motor doesn't seem to be working anymore either! :(

Got a price at autobarn for a new aerial with motor, $129 Plus $80 fitting, Going to ask mechanic at work if he wants to fit it probably not but alcohol or cash seems to convince for after hours work.

Someone has asked me if i want to leave a birthday present for them at the end of the street when i leave saturday night coming up. Bit un sure as there all car guys and I don't know if i will get twinnies haha. Dunno if i really want to anyway Will see how we go anyway.

Just thought I'd put an update out there :)

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
good to hear about the diff getting done,be interesting to see how you go afterwards.also with the aerials they retail for about $60 in most shops,fleabay etc

in relation to your mates up the street,remember the club rules

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm going too see how it goes, Its got no problems recieving the radio or anything so obvouisly still working in that respect. The motor is just no longer working. So I'm going to push whats left of it down most of the way and see how we go... When i go on a trip I normally listen to cds anyway :) Cheers for the info. I was just wasting time while waiting for the bank to open haha

MrPykelet

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS
definitely get the tune mate. I have a similar exhaust system to that (with centre mufflers and not quite as bent up) and I went from 276rwhp (203rwkw) to 326rwhp (240rwkw). Very noticeable difference. Can't say it improved my fuel consumption since I only got it about a month ago and my foot has been pretty heavy since then.....

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
I've had a tune, and with my mine, with my factory air into slightly modified, I got 237rwkw, guy i no put a grewer or some **** on his with other similar mods and hes for 247rwkw what I've got it fine though. Got it so in Power it shifts harder and revs out further I get it to kick out and cherp when im giving it some ****.

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Okies, Well Since I was last on here, My diff was done. I Had to run it in for 300km without doing over 80km. its thrown the speedo out by 10km. at any speed I'm doing 10k under what the speedo says. so pretty easy to remember when driving :)

only just started giving it **** again. It spins the wheels so easily sideways and all but don't have smoke blowing or loud tyres just hear the motor and zorst its like being on water.

Throttle is much more touchy. I don't know how accurate it is and if its changed the actual specs giving me wrong ones, but the fuel econ has dropped 2 Litres Per 100km average. 40km i can put my foot down it will drop back a gear and start spinning :D Love it when it spins the wheels of the lights then hits second after gripping slightly and cherps so loud and aggresive :)

Traction control doese't like it though leave it on and go around a corner slightly too fast not getting sideways or wheel spin but it comes up saying low traction, Although i normally turn it of when i start her up...

Enjoying not driving it as much now long trips. Missus CX5 is cheaper although the ####er has no guts. get into mine after driving hers for the day and its a shock for a few moment when accelerating...

I'm looking at putting a blower on it. This time next year, at this stage the car will be paid of by tax time next year. Once thats done I'm going to start putting money aside and doing a blower. I just want to know what peoples thoughts are, can you put a blower on with factory style intake or do you need an OTR