Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Black and Chrome VR V6

alexp36

Keep honkin-I'm reloading
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
New pics on first page

Finally got around to putting up some different pics of the VR.

Also, I'm getting a new motor and box for my car soon - I'm buying a whole car - a VN with a 5ltr with a mild cam, a fully rebuilt trans, and a rebuilt LSD.

The VN was originally a V6, and it's never been certified since the V8 has been in it, so I'm getting it cheap, and I'm gonna swap motors over and put the V6 into the VN.

Here's some pics of the VN:

VN5ltr_front_bar1.jpg

VN5ltr_enginebay02Feb2008.jpg

VN5ltr_front_suspension1.jpg

VN5ltr_interior1.jpg

Last edited:

alexp36

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
Sweet, gonna go pick up the VN on Saturday. It's in a different town, about 1.5hr drive away. Got to tow it back home on a car trailer, even though it runs, cause it's currently not registered.

Comes with a heap of parts too, including an SS boot lid, and lots of other misc body and mechanical bits.

I'll try and do some pictures and words about the engine swap and post them up as we go, if anyones interested to see what's involved.

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS Clubsport, VP Wagon Daily
Nice man, love the color, has it got glitter crap through it?
Glad to see the 5ltr going in! You will love it

alexp36

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
Wagon_Wheel - yep you spotted it, it's PPG prismatique paint - I bought it like that. I would have done it plain old gloss black if it was me, although the shiny bits don't look too bad most of the time, and they only really show up in direct sunlight.

I'm surely looking forward to getting the 5ltr - it's got headers on it, dunno what they are yet, but it sounds nice.
Only problem is - I started out looking for a motor and box for my car, but the more I look at this VN the more I wonder if I shouldn't keep it how it is, finish it off and get it on the road. It's had quite a lot done, including rebuilt LSD, bigger swaybar, nolathane bushes, front brake upgrade, etc. Body is pretty tidy too, and so is the interior.

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
very nice mate, i dont often like a late model kit on an older car but it suits yours. the paint looks great with the mica thru it. i rekon stay with your original idea and put the V8 in the VS. itl b fricken awsum.

alexp36

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
Thanks Torquen. Yeah, I'll probably go ahead with the engine swap - I've been saying this car needs a V8 since Dec 2006 when I bought it.

It just feels like I'm doing the VN a disservice to down-grade it to a V6. It's actually a pretty nice car, just needs a bit of finishing off
But who knows, maybe I'll eventually convince the missus that I need 2 V8s!

As regards the later model kit thing, yeah, I know what you mean, I usually don't like them either. I guess it works ok on this one partly because the front has retained the VR grille.

alexp36

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
Thanks Torquen. Yeah, I'll probably go ahead with the engine swap - I've been saying this car needs a V8 since Dec 2006 when I bought it.

It just feels like I'm doing the VN a disservice to down-grade it to a V6. It's actually a pretty nice car, just needs a bit of finishing off
But who knows, maybe I'll eventually convince the missus that I need 2 V8s!

As regards the later model kit thing, yeah, I know what you mean, I usually don't like them either. I guess it works ok on this one partly because the front has retained the VR grille.

alexp36

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
Got my VN on Monday, car was towed to my house, then backed off the trailer, and driven up the drive.
Was real loud - only has open headers at the moment, no exhaust. Could hear it before I even saw the headlights coming through the trees!

Here's some pics of it at my house:

bonnet closes, but catch needs adjusting:
VN_right_side1.jpg

VN_right_side2.jpg

VN_rear3.jpg

VN_rear2.jpg

bonnet closes, but catch needs adjusting:
VN_front2.jpg

mmmm... V8....
VN_V8_leftside1.jpg

VN_V8_rightside1.jpg

UNKNOWN

DEFECTED
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR SII BT1 5 Speed
Nice! Leave the 5.0 in the VN, its tough as.

excalibur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP SS
yeah i agree leave the 5ltr in the vn looks sweet :thumbsup: