Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Black and Chrome VR V6

alexp36

Keep honkin-I'm reloading
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
Will try to post up lots of info on the swap, could be useful to some people.

Would love to get to the Supercars round in Hamilton, but gonna be hell busy for the next few weeks with work and other stuff so sadly no. You'll have a ball though, should be awesome.

alexp36

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
V8 is in the VR. Have had a few issues to work out, but it's mostly sorted now.

Going for a WOF (roadworthy?) check on Saturday morning. Lucky for me it's the father-in-law doing the check, so should pass ok.

Haven't had time to do much of an update, but here's a pic from just after the motor was in:

VR_V8_new.jpg

Last edited:

Commydoor

born in the FB era
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Ss Blown
4th 2008 to the 1st 2010...you sure took your time putting it in...are you putting the V6 back in the VN?...and pmsl @ the trike on stands...checking the tyre pressures mebbe???

alexp36

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
Took too long, that's for sure. Various things got in the way - shifted house twice, (and bought a house). With a wife and two kids you can't always put your own interests first, unfortunately. Plus had to wait for the mechanic to find time to help me do it.

Was worth the wait though - feels like a different car with the 5L in it. Glad I didn't just stick with the V6.

Yeah, the trike on the stands cracked us up - we didn't do it, so the boy (2 years old) must have. He's already a fanatic for anything on wheels...

Commydoor

born in the FB era
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Ss Blown
ah yup go the v8's...the wife and kids will prolly hold you back from forced induction too lol...wish my 2 boys had an interest in anything mechanical...if it doesnt come with a mouse and keyboard they just aint interested :(...any newer pics yet with the 8 in up and running?...