Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Black and Chrome VR V6

alexp36

Keep honkin-I'm reloading
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
Ah, I see yeah. Nice car, those wheels look pretty awesome on it. Don't see many Statos' with wheels like that. I'm not surprised they get some comments.

I've never driven a Statesman, they got a nice feel about them? Go all right with the 5L, CAI and exhaust?

sedate looking

Reaction score
Website
uniqueridez.net
Members Ride
VR 5.0L Caprice.
It goes nicely in deed.. Should be a little smoother then what it is now, but with the suspension under her it is a little harder them most statesmans...

alexp36

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
Cheers mate! Nice to know someone has had a look.

I'm sure you've seen what my current plans are in this thread, ie: put the V8 in it. As usual, life got in the way - the house I'm renting is being sold, and we've had to find a couple of grand, and get organised to shift house.

Once we're in the new place, I hope to get moving on the engine swap within a month or two, so I'll try to document it with pictures etc, and put them up here.

alexp36

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
Yeah, same one. Didn't know about the brake problem when I bought it - the guy just told me the brakes needed bleeding up.
As it was a project car, and hasn't been on the road for a few years, I had no reason to think he was lying about the brakes. Funny - now I've paid him, I can't get hold of the guy, and I've found a few problems with the car. Luckily they're all minor problems, and the motor actually seems really good. So far.

SS Cylon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS 5.0L 5 Spd
Hey, hows the engine swap panning out. I'm from NZ as well, just got a vr ss a few weeks ago, you'll love the v8.

alexp36

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
Gidday SS Cylon, good to hear from another Kiwi. I was going to ask where you're from, but I just looked at your ride and saw you're from Hamilton.
I'm in West Auckland.

Yeah, I can't wait to get the V8 swapped over, but as I mentioned a bit further up in this thread, my plans have had to go on hold until after we shift house. I hope it'll go ahead reasonably quickly after that, I've got my father-in-law who is a mechanic to help me to the swap. He's done plenty of engine swaps before, in fact I've helped him with two previous ones, so he knows what he's doing.

About the only part I know of that I don't have is an exhaust system, but shouldn't be too much trouble getting that sorted.

SS Cylon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS 5.0L 5 Spd
Definitely keep the progress updated when you start the swap. You coming down to Hamilton for the V8's? I'll be there, cant wait.