Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

catalytic converter

Nzpure

VS L67
Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 Vs Supa6
if its of no benefit to remove your OEM cat then why are there hi-flow cats??
like the bloke said earlier we don't have to have cats in NZ. i knocked the guts out of mine not noticable difference but neither did my mate gettin pacemakers.
Dont just knock the guts out tho give you a shitty tinny sound if u gunna do it replace it with a striaght pipe

Eliminator

Reaction score
Members Ride
Maranello red Vn V8 Calais
high flow cats are for motors that need that extra bit of breath where the v6 cat on the commodore series needs no help whatsoever.

crazybiker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore V6
Because the original Cats are made for the stock motor making say 125kw on a standard VN...but what if your running say 302RWKW like Luke? The standard is probably being pushed to its capabilities

Eliminator

Reaction score
Members Ride
the cat on the v6 is the same cat used on the v8, it will handle the flow of a bolt on v6 with no fuss. which is what 90% of the forum members have, of course if you add forced induction you will need to upgrade the exhaust system same as induction, fuel pump and many other factors.

crazybiker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore V6
I know that. But 302RWKW is quite obviously not a bolt-on motor, is it?

FATMAT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6
Just a personal opinion here but i just reckon exhausts sound $h!t with a hollow cat. It's as if you can hear the dodgyness. I agree with bax entirely, it's pointless and also makes your car stink.

Eliminator

Reaction score
Members Ride
I know that. But 302RWKW is quite obviously not a bolt-on motor, is it?

what are you going on about in my first post regarding this i said

high flow cats are for motors that need that extra bit of breath where the v6 cat on the commodore series needs no help whatsoever

obviously a turbo'd motor running alot more boost than stock will benefit from a different cat because it has alot of extra 'breath' , but still its not essential.

Your car along with 90-95% of the v6's here will do with the stock cat with no trouble at all end of stroy

vs-6

Raptorcharged VS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S pac V6
before i got my charger i had a extractors and a high flow cat and 2.5 zorst and a ebay tune and a cai
any many of u say that the high flow cat wouldnt do anythign but i noticed it but i think u would only notice it if u had extracotrs and a better exhaust as you need to get rid of all ur restrictions not just the cat
plus my exhaust sound sik so im happy

crazybiker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore V6
No. You noticed the increase performance from the Extractors and the 2.5".

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
Would come out the back of the exhaust. When driving, you'd be moving away from this :whistling

You would, what about everyone else? What about walkers and riders nearby? They shouldn't have to suck up your 1kw gain.