Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Did i cop a fine for my stupidity!!!

the_trademarc

The Cult Of Personality
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Members Ride
E-Series 1 Clubsport R8
My information isn't something that a single cop said......

Chances are he couldn't be bothered with the paperwork and just told you that.....

Well he took the effort to drive behind me for 10 minutes, on St. Kilda Road in the middle of the city on a Friday night, and waited for the first are to pull me over, so I'm not sure.
Each state is different I guess.

Joey_21

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 HBD---mmmm LS1
im in vic by the way and he took my licence details rego number and an excuse for why i was on it? etc so i think im gone lol ...saying that i think there a bit too harsh also i wasnt actually driving whilst on the phone i was stopped at lights but they probably wouldnt have known that i might aswel just cop it on the chin its my first infringment gayyyyyyyyyyyy.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
im in vic by the way and he took my licence details rego number and an excuse for why i was on it? etc so i think im gone lol ...saying that i think there a bit too harsh also i wasnt actually driving whilst on the phone i was stopped at lights but they probably wouldnt have known that i might aswel just cop it on the chin its my first infringment gayyyyyyyyyyyy.

You were still operating a motor vehicle......

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
trying to look for a friend that needed a lift home so i tried to ring them. next thing an undercover van pulls up next to me with 4 cops in it and i get done for being on the Phone i wasnt talking or anything just checking my credit balance as i didnt have enough to call.

So first you say you were trying to ring a friend, then you say you were checking your credit balance. I assume because the call wouldn't go through, you checked your balance. To me that is two calls, yet you try to sound innocent by saying you have been done on the phone when you were not even talking lol. You still operated the phone by dialing numbers then holding up to your ear which takes one or both hands off the wheel.

They were probably watching this, the phone going up to your ear twice and crusted you.

Never mind, as you say - lesson learned.

Joey_21

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 HBD---mmmm LS1
So first you say you were trying to ring a friend, then you say you were checking your credit balance. I assume because the call wouldn't go through, you checked your balance. To me that is two calls, yet you try to sound innocent by saying you have been done on the phone when you were not even talking lol. You still operated the phone by dialing numbers then holding up to your ear which takes one or both hands off the wheel.

They were probably watching this, the phone going up to your ear twice and crusted you.

Never mind, as you say - lesson learned.

yeh your right i was tryn to ring a friend but couldnt get through as i didnt have enough money/credit on it. The first time i tried to ring i had it on loudspeaker but got that optus crap so then i checked my balance and thats when i put it to my ear and got done as for taking two hands of the wheel i was stationary and i did have one hand on the wheel just to cancel out ur comment. but im not blaming any1 else but myself as it took me and only me to make that call cheers.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
yeh your right i was tryn to ring a friend but couldnt get through as i didnt have enough money/credit on it. The first time i tried to ring i had it on loudspeaker but got that optus crap so then i checked my balance and thats when i put it to my ear and got done as for taking two hands of the wheel i was stationary and i did have one hand on the wheel just to cancel out ur comment. but im not blaming any1 else but myself as it took me and only me to make that call cheers.

One hand, Two hands, 6 hands, its all the same. You can't talk on a phone unless its HANDS free

Last edited:

Joey_21

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 HBD---mmmm LS1
One hand, Two ahnce, 6 hands, its all the same. You can't talk on a phone unless its HANDS free

i know that i was just stating and telling her that i did have a hand on the wheel and had nothing to do with that

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
You can't talk on a phone unless its HANDS free

that depends on whether the op is a p plater or not, most states have now adopted a strict NO USE policy for learners and p platers.

thats even if they have a hands free kit

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
that depends on whether the op is a p plater or not, most states have now adopted a strict NO USE policy for learners and p platers.

thats even if they have a hands free kit

I'm well aware of that law. Lets just assume i'm talking full licenses drivers ;)

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
You can't use a mobile phone when driving. It's a distraction that takes your focus and concentration off the road and your hand(s) off the wheel.

Then why not ban eating, drinking, smoking and trying to find a new CD to play?

All those things take your eyes off the road too. Ever eaten a messy hamburger and dropped a bit of tomato in your lap? You instinctively look down to see where it landed. To smoke you need to get one out of the packet, locate the lighter and ensure the flame is on the tip of the cigarette, so you take your eyes off the road.

Anyone here perfected the trick of steering with your knee while you use your hands to unwrap food etc?