Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

difference between L67 and Ecotech

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 l67 commodore berlina
The L67 runs a larger pump than the ecotec. The L67's also have a fuel pump controller that run the pump at half speed during low load when the demand isn't required.

Not sure exactly if there are any physical differences in the actual pumps or pump assemblies in the tank.
so if im getting engine hesitation only when i punch it, starts spitting & sputtering i can cruise around & its fine but if i try 2 increase speed fast it doesnt like it. i had a pump put in around the time this started happening but dismissed it cause the pump was new what u think

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Could be, it wouldn't be the first time I've heard of a new pump causing issues.

It wasn't a walbro pump by chance?

Reaction score
Members Ride
im not certain what type of punp they put in but it wouldnt hav been a walbro, the unit price was only $186 dont no what they payed 4 it. it was just the labor, in the end it blew out 2 around $500 bucks. next time im doing it myself & i will b putting the right pump in it!

Reaction score
Members Ride
Can you get a Goss to suit your super charged engine. I have used Goss for over 10 years and have found them very reliable. My bro in law uses Goss in his workshop and he put me onto them.
i will hav a look on ebay 4 1!