Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Driver kills 11month old child.

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Kikki, Apr 21, 2008.

1. 88GreenVN

88GreenVN Next Exit Left

Members Ride:
    Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
    Overtaking on a T junction - Hmmm... not good anyway.

Monaro's have great brakes, he just did't probably use them!

2. Cobez

Cobez LS-EXUAL

Members Ride:
    2004 S2 VY SS Ute
    Jesus ****ing christ. 3 years jail. If they can prove he was driving like a ******** and only give him 3 years.......... Well, i need say no more. That's a very sad story indeed.

3. 88GreenVN

88GreenVN Next Exit Left

Members Ride:
    Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
    All 80 year old should drive slowly anyway as the old reflexes slow down as we get older. The word idiots can be attatched to any driving age - not just 80 YO.

BAC dont matter as it would be over the allowable limit for him to be charged.

And yes they point on speeding is valid - nothing was said, but to do the damage shown in the photo - well if he was not speeding and the screeching reported was some one else - he must have had a super strong Monaro.

4. sixshooter

sixshooter New Member

Members Ride:
    2x VS
    Sounds to me like going too fast... overtaking two cars at once (stupid) didn't see the car infront turning right as he was overtaking at an intersection (moron)... was unable to avoid hitting the car.(too fast).

How good are those "v8 blinkers" your wearing minux ?

5. minux

minux Infidel Bear

Members Ride:
    300rwkw FG G6ET/Specialized Tarmac SL4
    Yes V8 blinkers...

this has nothing to do with V8 blinkers, it has to do with leaving a story until the truth is known and investigated.
    I have had old moronic drivers turn in front of me with no indicator and the only to way to avoid them was to go on the opposite side of the road when you confront them they deny you were there....yippee. just because you cannot avoid a car it DOES NOT mean you are going to fast.

Now I am going out to enjoy my V8, i best be careful though, I might be labelled a hoon because it has a V8 :)

6. minux

minux Infidel Bear

Members Ride:
    Witnesses are always so truthful in coming forward, I did talk about the last fatal where someone was labelled a hoon, apparently witnesses said they were doing in excess of 140 km/h, there were loads of screeching etc. Turns out that to accelerate to 140 in this street where the accident happen, the car said hoon was driving would of been required to do a 9 second 1/4 mile heh. It was a stock VS Calais with a 6 and flashy wheels. For the record, both of these cars were a mess considering the impact was only 80.Much more of a mess then that monaro.

Edit: As for oldies, if they need to sit 20 below the speed limit because of poor reactions, they should not be on the road period.

7. sixshooter

sixshooter New Member

Members Ride:
    2x VS
    minux click here and see the location of the accident then tell me it's not a v8 hoon driver that caused it. Overtaking 2 cars in a backstreet at an intersection is the act of a moron !!!

8. Ripcell

Ripcell R8 FTW!!!

Members Ride:
    324rwkw MY06 VZ R8 Maloo M6
    what a ****head, i hope the cun7 goes to jail for that, hooning and speeding round suburbia is bull****, hope he cops 8 yrs for it

9. VNexecutive

VNexecutive New Member

Members Ride:
    VN Calais 5L
    spot on there.

bit of a hijack, but accelerating up to 100 on the highway yesterday, i had an old guy driving a bmw try to merge into the lane as i was coming up quick beside him (no idea why he was going so slow) but i had to hit the skids. when he realised i was there, he went back into his original lane, then when i went to go past him again, he did it again!! WTF!!

but then again, i drive a v8 too so its probably my fault aswell.

obviously in this case, so far it seems the 'hoon' in the monaro is at fault, but it isnt the case with every accident involving a v8 or a p-plater.

10. st3r3otyp3

st3r3otyp3 Donating Member

Members Ride:
    VX HSV VX SS
    slow govenment beurocrats

11. Rufus®

Rufus® I Jizzed in my pants

Members Ride:
    VR S1 S Pack, VX S2 Acclaim Wagoon
    LOL, umm proof? Why is the young guy not guilty without proof, but you can blame the old person without proof?

I'm not taking any side, until there is an official police report, but whoever is at fault should be royally screwed, not some **** poor excuse for a sentence.

12. minux

minux Infidel Bear

Members Ride:
    lol look where that link takes me to a blank page?

13. sixshooter

sixshooter New Member

Members Ride:
    2x VS
    Sorry minux... but enter the address into those input boxes and it will draw a map of the area...:thumbsup:

147 Berehaven Avenue,
    Thornlie, WA

14. minux

minux Infidel Bear

Members Ride:
    Looking at the actual map(google earth etc), if you were only doing 60(not sure of the speed limit) you could easily bounce off a kurb for almost 12 metres, you also would have no chance of stopping as the kurb you would mount is grass thereafter. Seeing as everyone else is allowed tot ake a guess at what actually happened, my bet is old farts driving far too slow, go to overtake, old fart fail to indicate, turns into them while the monaro is overtaking. there is no solid white lines so there is no reason you cannot overtake.

15. BANKS

BANKS DW I'm a Spray Painter!

Members Ride:
    VZ SSZ Ute
    do i hear an echo? lol

16. BANKS

Members Ride:
    VZ SSZ Ute
    All good and well if you not drinking smashed...

given he was drink driving he wouldnt have the same reaction speeds as normal person would have, propably happened in a flash.

17. sixshooter

sixshooter New Member

Members Ride:
    2x VS
    This is such a sad story.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2008
  18. BANKS

Members Ride:
    VZ SSZ Ute
    BAC of 0.15...

no excuse really

19. minux

minux Infidel Bear

Members Ride:
    Agreed now, that is ****ed. I still think the old people are to blame too :p

20. VicCop

VicCop New Member

Members Ride:
    2011 Commodore SV6 SII
    I really do feel for the family and the ones close to them who have been affected by and event such as this.

I can understand irate people can be at just reading about such a seemingly light court result. Should try actually being there.

There has been too many times I've been to a crash where a person is seriously injured. While the ambos are working on the injured parties the offending driver is able to step out of his/her car and struggle to stand up while I get them to blow into a PBT device and watch as the numbers on the display start racing upwards.

I honesly do feel like punching them in the face right there and then. But it's unfortunately up to the courts to dish out justice, or so it would seem. One thing that people can be comforted with is that the offending driver will spend a long time after prison without a licence and will have to go through hell and back to get it back again. There will be some in the same situation that won't want to get their licence back.

That's another punishment all together as they'll live with knowing their negligence and stupidity, ignorance and unwillingness to fork out a lousy few bucks for a cab resulted in the death of an innocent person.

88GreenVN likes this.