Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

eBay problems selling car help pls.

White Tiger

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
Members Ride
HBD VY Berlina, RB30 GQ Patrol
lol that is almost exactly how i ended up with my vr berlina
someone bought it for 800 it caught fire on their way home and they had no permit or reg
they decided they didn't want it so my friend bought it for 300 then bought the parts off me
and i ended up buying it off him for 500 cause he wanted a vy Calais

two-bit

old enough to mang better
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S series II
thanks guys dad will hopefully be home soon so after dinner i'm going to drag him down to the police station and ask about my rights etc, i have saved every thing ebay ad, the messages sent between the buyer and my self, the e-mail i just sent to ebay saying that he didn't even look at the car or ask any questions about it

SilverVH

Banned
Reaction score
Cops won't and can't do anything. It is a civil matter (for the time being.)

If he paid cash, then let him open up as many ebay cases and disputes he likes.

In short, if he contacts you, tell him you sympathise with him but it is of no fault of yours. Explain the car was as described and the person who picked it up was happy to take it in the condition it was in.

Whenever I buy a car sight unseen (which I have on several occassions), I do so ensuring the price I pay accounts for any potential setbacks, otherwise I don't bother and would rather inspect it personally if I am paying considerably more than market/wholesale value.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
You advertised teh car as is, he bought it as is.

So long as you didn't talk the car up in the ad saying it runs fine, etc then you are 100% in the clear.

If he rocks up to your house, you ask him to leave and then call the police.

End of story.

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
With the eBay thing, he can't have a steady case since HE didn't even see the car. You can just tell eBay that the buyer's friend came and got the car on behalf of the buyer, and said that the buyer wanted the car, and you told him "Yup, as is mate". Done deal.

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
Cops won't and can't do anything. It is a civil matter (for the time being.)

If the buyer has made a threat of violence then it is a police matter.
You're always better off to report things to the police BEFORE they turn violent so they can advise you on how to best deal with the issue

SilverVH

Banned
Reaction score
If the buyer has made a threat of violence then it is a police matter.
You're always better off to report things to the police BEFORE they turn violent so they can advise you on how to best deal with the issue

I didn't read anything in his post about the buyer making a threat of violence?

The police won't be interested and legally cannot do anything. Seriously, what do you expect the police to do?

jatsvl

NEEDS MORE POWER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl exec wagon
as every body else has said it is his problem now!
as far as an ebay case goes they will not want to know about it if it was cash and pickup, and he will soon find that out.
only other advice is have no contact with him at all, deal with ebay and if there are any threats report to ebay and the cops asap.