Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Forum's quiet

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Considering anything with reasonable range is still over $70k I don't see the masses rushing out to get one by the magic 2030 IIRC that was mentioned, or was it 2040 when we were supposed to have no ICE vehicles on the road?
There is no date proposed where we would have no ICE vehicles on the road, the only proposed date is for when ICE vehicles would no longer be sold new. We haven’t specifically locked in a date AFAIK but other countries have.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
also if the future is all EV then if P platers cant drive a v8 or boosted 6 then what about the EV as they take off much faster then a stock 8 or 6 so are they limited by elec engine output or something ?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
3 pages (on this thread) since I last visited the forum, forum quiet? I don't think so. maybe not much in the way of car stuff but keeping the traffic on the forum is important and a little diversity (on various topics, not the other kind) help that along nicely.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
also if the future is all EV then if P platers cant drive a v8 or boosted 6 then what about the EV as they take off much faster then a stock 8 or 6 so are they limited by elec engine output or something ?

A fella from my sport is fairly high up with one of the car places.
His work car is a fairly powerful EV.
from talking to them, His son (on Red P's) isnt allowed to drive it due to the output.
so probably already something about that.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Q. What mods can you do to a Cybertruck. ?
A. Hide the crayons.

Yeah, OK, **** poor joke ............. but there are videos already about how to modify them with stuff to get to Dead Donkey Gulch in the US of A.
Your problem is you are looking at what those idiots in the US are doing. They really are a poor example of a civil society.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
I can imagine the government will be slow with changing P-Plate rules for EV's, just like they were back in the 2000's where the laws were very confusing regarding what cars P-Platers could and couldn't drive...

Anthony .

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR V6 Executive
I thought Tesla were p plate approved? Probably to encourage take up of EV

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
In Tasmania you can drive a turbo, SC or V8 on your Ps without issue. So guess it won't matter down here. By the time it comes in they might have a device that limits output that can be removed once you're on your full licence.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well with EV's it's only a couple of programming lines away from restricting power output. Manufacturers could implement a learner driver function that limits power output easily enough but I'm sure they will charge for it like a wounded bull. Tesla could most probably do it with a simple update that might not even have to go back to the stealership to be done.