Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] Getting my reflection in the paint back after respirating

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
It doesn't look right in the photos. If I am correct the clear or something looks awfully thin and it hasn't gone on well at all. Pressure cans are not really the go on the side of a car.

Joopjbc89

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 holden calais
From the photos, it's not looking good bro. From what I can tell it would be a lot to get that new work shiny. I could be wrong but it looks like orange peel from what I can see.
So what do I do now??

Joopjbc89

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 holden calais
Yeah i realised the can sprays suck but already applied it so just hoping I can **** around with it to try get it looking at least half decent

Joopjbc89

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 holden calais
It doesn't look right in the photos. If I am correct the clear or something looks awfully thin and it hasn't gone on well at all. Pressure cans are not really the go on the side of a car.
Should I start from scratch again?
Repaint it with better coats and sand down more between steps then apply the clear coat more heavy? I think some of the steps I did wasn’t 100% cause it’s my first attempt

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
If you get the base right first time it probably shouldn't need a wet rub in-between, if it goes on a bit furry or dimplely you probably need a light wet rub before the clear. Not sure how you are going to fix it TBH. Looking at it from a laptop screen I'd say rub it back and get it perfectly smooth with some 1000, hopefully shouldn't need to take it all off but I don't like your chances. I hate to say it, but looks a mess. For now leave it to dry and hopefully @EYY can offer you his opinion on how to proceed.

Joopjbc89

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 holden calais
If you get the base right first time it probably shouldn't need a wet rub in-between, if it goes on a bit furry or dimplely you probably need a light wet rub before the clear. Not sure how you are going to fix it TBH. Looking at it from a laptop screen I'd say rub it back and get it perfectly smooth with some 1000, hopefully shouldn't need to take it all off but I don't like your chances. I hate to say it, but looks a mess. For now leave it to dry and hopefully @EYY can offer you his opinion on how to proceed.
Thanks for the help
Just have to re do it I think

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Thanks for the help
Just have to re do it I think

Be patient and get the right advice. EYY does a lot of panel work and I have seen photos and it's top quality. I say wait, because more pressure can gear might just be asking for trouble and it could end needing a lot more work than you have right now. You might be better to use thinners and try to wipe off what's there. But don't do that either, just wait or you could end up needing the panel shop to respray the whole side of your bus.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute