Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

good street clutch

GRPABT1

Jakstas' Warden
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN shitta
Textralia was founded by a bloke in Texas (the brains) and Peter Haylock (the salesman moron). Hence anything that fits an imported Pontiac monaro works well behind nearly every LS1 commodore. But in my experience if you ask anything of Textralia's Australian shop that is not just an American product on-sold by them they haven't got a bloody clue. Call up Mal Woods however and he knows the in's and out's of every manual box ever put behind a commodore or falcon of any year and can talor a package to suit your needs. Textralia make a good product that does a good job, but they do have a habit of low speed shudder. And like I said, Peter Haylock is a moron who cost me alot of money and was very quick to point fingers, and deny any knowledge or wrong doing when his product wasn't what he'd described it to be.

In short, I won't ever go near Tex, not because of lack of faith in the product but lack of faith in the staff. Shop at your own risk should something ever happen don't expect much support from them.

HRT 666

Cammed 8t-body stroker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubby S2 M6
Extreme carbon tripple plate clutch rated at 1400hp havent had a problem with my pissy 600ish at the fly, almost drives like stock! Both thumbs up from me.

wattos_ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ MALOO R8 6.0 M6
Extreme make a hd organic clutch kit rated for up to 400rwkw which I am goin for mainly coz the pedal feel is like standard they say

s_ikari2015

Fun IS easier with an 8
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 Monaro V2 CV8, '90 Toyota Sera
I had an Xtreme Street installed when my clutch was on the way out. Nice steady bite, no shudder at all. I also had the master cylinder replaced as it was giving up too, previous owner wasn't very nice to the car, I'd only had it for 6 months and drove it like a grandpa.
I've definitely noticed a bigger change from the cylinder rather than the clutch kit, so it's pretty close to a standard feel if anyone is interested.
All up including bearing and cylinder it cost me $1,300-$1,500 fitted from memory.

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
I had an Xtreme Street installed when my clutch was on the way out. Nice steady bite, no shudder at all. I also had the master cylinder replaced as it was giving up too, previous owner wasn't very nice to the car, I'd only had it for 6 months and drove it like a grandpa.
I've definitely noticed a bigger change from the cylinder rather than the clutch kit, so it's pretty close to a standard feel if anyone is interested.
All up including bearing and cylinder it cost me $1,300-$1,500 fitted from memory.

What power is it rated to?

wattos_ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ MALOO R8 6.0 M6
1300-1500 fitted wish it was that cheap in Sa I've been quoted lowest 2000-2200

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Ever watched Home Improvements? Tim the Toolman bigger is better *grunts*. Uses a 4 foot long industrial hammer drill to drill a 1/8 hole in perspex.. 250kw why the fcuk would you spend a couple grand on a clutch unless you want to prove to your mates that you too are Tim the Toolman?

The OP did the right thing, and he can spend his $1000 bucks in change buying as much beer or illegal vegetable matter as he wants.. while others suffer on with their manly pain in the ass superclutch and wish they had Rugby legs...

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina

Not trying to pick, and looks like you chose well, but just curious.. if you installed both the clutch and the master cyclinder installed at the same time, how do you know which one is providing the biggest change?