Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hates/Dislikes about the VF SII

CalaisNQ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Calais V V8 , VS Calais, VS Ute & VZ SV6
Dislike that the windscreen wipers do one full wiper across the screen before the windscreen washers pur any water on the windscreen.
All panic warning beeping, which I now have turned off, and no cd player.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Dislike that the windscreen wipers do one full wiper across the screen before the windscreen washers pur any water on the windscreen.
All panic warning beeping, which I now have turned off, and no cd player.

How do you turn all the beeps off? I hate them and mylink
I hate the a/c hot or cold at 23/24C
Steering doesn't feel as good as Ve
PARKBRAKE is a joke hate hate hate

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
How do you turn all the beeps off? I hate them and mylink
I hate the a/c hot or cold at 23/24C
Steering doesn't feel as good as Ve
PARKBRAKE is a joke hate hate hate
Why do you think the parkbrake is a joke? Just interested.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Why do you think the parkbrake is a joke? Just interested.
I have no problem with it. All good testing whilst the car in in motion if ever you have total brake failure. I have forgotten how the Hand Brake works in different ways whilst the car is doing 40, 60 and higher. Its a Full Page of Info for all speeds you are doing

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
ill guess ole mate that had trouble with the hand brake has a manual my friend has quiet a steep driveway after his real estate agent tried to run his kids over with his rolling away vf commodore while me and my friend where going to punch his head in he used the excuse the car only has 20,000ks on it always serviced by holden and I put the handbrake on. The next time I saw the agent he said holden told him the handbrake mec/motor was full of dirt .
How many of you blokes that say what a good car VF is will keep it after 100,000k's?

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
Like everything about my VFII SSVR ute, I don't use "Mylink" much, only use it for the radio (wish it has Digital Radio though). No problem with the Climate Control. As I were saying in another thread "Close Call", just be aware the "A" pillar and look twice for on coming vehicles then shouldn't be a problem. VFII is the best Commodore ever...Not perfect, but there isn't a perfect vehicle for everyone.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Does anyone know if the horn has changed on the MY17?
I tried mine out today and actually didn't find it too bad. After reading numerous complaints on the forum I was expecting a Barina type horn.
Mine is shitful on the SS.

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
I have no problem with it. All good testing whilst the car in in motion if ever you have total brake failure. I have forgotten how the Hand Brake works in different ways whilst the car is doing 40, 60 and higher. Its a Full Page of Info for all speeds you are doing
The only issue I find with the handbrake is, having previously owned a VE, that I have on a couple of occasions gone to wind my window up and almost engaged the handbrake at speed.
Now I can't remember if the electric handbrake has a cutout above certain speeds, but I'm certainly not keen to find out.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
The only issue I find with the handbrake is, having previously owned a VE, that I have on a couple of occasions gone to wind my window up and almost engaged the handbrake at speed.
Now I can't remember if the electric handbrake has a cutout above certain speeds, but I'm certainly not keen to find out.
I did that. Made a noise, but no damage. Not sure if having my foot on the accelerator made any difference or not?

CalaisNQ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Calais V V8 , VS Calais, VS Ute & VZ SV6
Just search youtube to find out about what happens when you try the electric handbrake at speed.