Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hates/Dislikes about the VF SII

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
My prior opinion of Folden had me almost surprised that VF has antilocking brakes. :)

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R

* No permanent "Open" mode on the bi-modal exhaust. Only "hybrid" or "closed".

pull the fuse (or relay next door to it).. permanent open bimodal !
or
if you have vac control, reverse the delay vac valve to the vac motors.. permanent open bimodal mode :)

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
I'm not a "Ford" or "Holden" guy and up until my current Calais V my previous three cars had been Fords.

My last G6E was a very well rounded package. It did everything well.

My current Calais (at 8000kms and one long trip) seems to be every bit as good as the Ford - IMO better inside but I was well used to G6E interiors by the time I got out of them. Actually that was the reason my last string of Holdens ended. Same old, same old inside.

Both are very good cars. IMO both companies finally got it right. Shame about the end result for we who like oz cars :(

The only thing I don't like about my Calais V is the lack of electrochromatic rear view mirror.

It seems like a small issue but when you've had 'em you miss them when you don't have them.

TBH, I took it for granted the Calais V would have one. Didn't occur to me to check it on the test drive.

Oh well...
MY17 has electrochromatic mirror...I'm filthy about it too ..

SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Heroin White VF2 SS Wagon
Maybe a retrofit of the mirror is possible?

Also, Holden could update MyLink/ECU to have bimodal settings for on/off/auto.

Zeke Topanaga

Reaction score
Members Ride
HX Sandman p van 308 4speed
Dislike about the VE-F ute is the back is too short and can not fit my dirt bike in across in the back like I can did with the VU-Y-Z and you can not fit 2 side by side because the numberplate is on the tail gate and the tailgate can not be fold down out of the way like the others could.
The VE-F sure weigh a lot and you need that V8 to hall it around.
The VE-F ute It's more of a metro sexual, type of ego lovers car than a real mans work ute like the VU-Y-Z could be. it's become a ute that's not really a ute, maybe somewhat Gay best describes it.

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
Shitty horn on the VF2. Another cost cutting excercise by the folks at Holden HQ.

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Shitty horn on the VF2. Another cost cutting excercise by the folks at Holden HQ.
Does anyone know if the horn has changed on the MY17?
I tried mine out today and actually didn't find it too bad. After reading numerous complaints on the forum I was expecting a Barina type horn.

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Dislike about the VE-F ute is the back is too short and can not fit my dirt bike in across in the back like I can did with the VU-Y-Z and you can not fit 2 side by side because the numberplate is on the tail gate and the tailgate can not be fold down out of the way like the others could.
The VE-F sure weigh a lot and you need that V8 to hall it around.
The VE-F ute It's more of a metro sexual, type of ego lovers car than a real mans work ute like the VU-Y-Z could be. it's become a ute that's not really a ute, maybe somewhat Gay best describes it.

All of the current dual cab utes on the market have a shorter tray than a Commodore ute yet they are used as work utes and sell like hotcakes.