Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

haunted places in sydney? LOL

henrytad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SS 6.2L
lol well that is pretty scary! yeh most abandonned places are scary PERIOD

henrytad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SS 6.2L
has anyone here been onto the actual grounds of magic kingdom at lansvale? apparently no ones ever been able to run up to the big shoe and kick it

chevyshubox

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore
Mate I think you would like this place called magnetic hill at Bowen Mountain just past North Richmond we used to get a group of people to go there all the time.
They have now put no stopping signs everywhere but you only stop long enough for your car to start rolling up the hill anyway.
I was once with a guy and he was trying to work out where the magnets are in the hills surounding the place ,idiot.

Magnetic Hill - Richmond, New South Wales Australia

By the way there is an old house there that was all overgrown and no one was ever game enough to go near it. It just added to the weird feeling you had when you are there.
Its good in the night as well as the day.

I can see their being a whole new group of people going there now. I havnt been therefor about 10 years.

henrytad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SS 6.2L
that sounds crazy mate, ill definetly have to check that one out

CaitlinLouise

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais Turbo
Wombarra cemetary in Wollongong
Windy Gully Mt Kembla/Wollongong
Picton cemetary is probably the scariest i've been to... saw an old man there... creepy as!!

Tim Smtih

Sexy Man
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Members Ride
just buy a v8 lol
some of us beleive and some of us dont

Thread digs scare the hell out of me.

Spectral Sensitivity of the Eye

Halo (optical phenomenon) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pareidolia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I doubt very much that there are ghosts, or something like ghosts. But then again due to the human eyes limited spectral range i don't doubt that there are things that we can't see. There are still people around today that for some reason see fit to argue that the earth is flat. And who could think for a moment that we are the only planet in the universe that has intelligent life. 14 odd billion years old and the universe has only coughed up one planet with intelligent life. right. But if you get your kicks running around dark places squealing like little girls go nuts.

NIXONLS1

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my mum
Your nuts henrytad, I love this ****. There is a abandon mansion at budgewoi that we have been to at night, not really scary just interesting. I will try to get a pic next time I'm there.

Biznatch303

Pew Pew Lasers
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR Ute/ 16 MQ Triton
White Bay Power Station in Rozelle, White Bay Power Station - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Of course you would have to sneak it, we went under the fench at night one time to check it out, this place is massive and kinda freaky.
Some really cool stuff to check out too, apparentley it's meant to be haunted but we didnt see anything, it was was very eery being the only ones in something so big,

Banicks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais '07
The reason you find 'ghost tours' boring when in a large group is because of the safety in numbers instinct.

If you are predisposed to believing in 'ghosts', revisting a site that is supposedly 'haunted' when by yourself or in a smaller group calls into effects the "mass histeria" effect. Example: 1 person looks at the sky, person walking past sees, looks up. So on, and so forth.

I personally don't believe in 'ghosts'. Tunnels are quite effective at causing an increase in reverberation of sounds and the wind across the entrance of tunnels has a 'conversation' effect sometimes. Old houses creak, moan through winter and summer changes. Eyes adjusting to variant light causes false shadows and the human brain creates false homosapian shapes quite effectively.

In summary, if ghosts and the creepy noises did exist. They should be seen and heard whether in a group of 100 or 2 by fact a lone, unfortunately, they don't and it's just your mind playing tricks on you basing it's perceived environment off hollywoods version of ghouls, ghosts and creepy things that go bump in the night.

What scares me? Julia Gillard.