Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HELP How to clear "SERVICE VEHICLE SOON"

joespace

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
I've had the same problem in my VE ute. Tried clearing the code, came back, replaced the oil sensor for $170 and it still won't go away. Any other suggestions?

CRUSTIN

P-plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S 175 Ute
I've had the same problem in my VE ute. Tried clearing the code, came back, replaced the oil sensor for $170 and it still won't go away. Any other suggestions?

First suggestion is to go to the VE forum.

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
Or he could start another thread asking a question thats been asked a million times before.

I know the VZ 5.7L suffered the same issue and dash warning, and I haven't heard of a 6L doing it. However, the message can also relate to emissions and things like the O2 sensors, especially if it has an aftermarket exhaust.
Without knowing what the specs of your ute are, best bet would be to take it to Holden or someone similar with a Tech2 tool to plug in and run a scan to see if it logs any errors. Especially if you've eliminated culprit number 1 and it hasn't helped.

dmar

kl
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
posting in here because its spidered by google when searching this fault

so i hooked up an elm327 obd2 to my vz 175 as im getting this svs warning periodically
then ran up torque on android but its saying no errors listed in ecu

is this a normal error that ill be able to extract or will i need to get a mechanic to get it out?

leethal1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Adventra LX6, HG monaro
Hey dmar,
how do you find tourque? I never can get error messages up either, I know there must be something logged i get abs errors when i drain the battery too low but it says no faults stored.

posting in here because its spidered by google when searching this fault

so i hooked up an elm327 obd2 to my vz 175 as im getting this svs warning periodically
then ran up torque on android but its saying no errors listed in ecu

is this a normal error that ill be able to extract or will i need to get a mechanic to get it out?

animalcrackers

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SSV Manual
service vehicle soon

Hi all, i'm new here but i have the same problem with my 2007 VE. It started in March this year for no reason and i took it back to the Holden dealer who had it for 4 hours and couldn't find the problem. All they did was reset the computer and it went. Now it's back. I have taken it to mechanic friend and they couldn't find anything with the analyzer. I will suggest the oil switch to be looked at. Appreciate the info and any extra info that comes this way.
Cheers all and a Merry Christmas to All.

hN!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 03
Not 100% sure but there is a service option that can be turned off in the dash settings It was either Oil or Service reminder Try holding down the trip button while turning the car to the on position then remove finger off trip button Do you still have your manuals it's in there some where i think.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
Service vehicle soon is not a 'Service Reminder'

its a fault thrown up, usually an oil pressure sensor. Get someone onto it with a diagnostic tool (Scanner) and see what comes up. My guess as i said before, oil pressure sensor.. $40 from repco, 10 second replacement

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Service vehicle soon is not a 'Service Reminder'

its a fault thrown up, usually an oil pressure sensor. Get someone onto it with a diagnostic tool (Scanner) and see what comes up. My guess as i said before, oil pressure sensor.. $40 from repco, 10 second replacement

My mistake, I don't own a VZ so I assumed it was just the service reminder.