Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HELP How to clear "SERVICE VEHICLE SOON"

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
its a common mistake, ive always wondered why would they label it as service vehicle soon. Part of the reason why i prob wont buy another commodore.

Yeah I was thinking of getting a VZ Calais, but if there is going to be things like that, that are confusing then ill probably think twice about buying one now. I still want to find out more about the Alloytec engines as well, I have heard about problems with the timing chains, plus my boss owns a VZ Berlina and he said that it isn't as powerful as the 3.8L ecotec, the 190kw should be better but i'm not sure.

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
its a fault thrown up, usually an oil pressure sensor. Get someone onto it with a diagnostic tool (Scanner) and see what comes up. My guess as i said before, oil pressure sensor.. $40 from repco, 10 second replacement
cost me $70 with a 20% discount :(

ive always wondered why would they label it as service vehicle soon
Ive heard Service Vehicle Soon is a nice way of saying "have your car checked out by a mechanic soon" because of a minor fault. Same way the Power Train warning flashes up an image of a transmission - if it said Oxygen sensor stuffed you'd be like "yeh right" whatever, but when you see a little transmission flash up you start to worry its something major (and theres heaps of threads on it here about it where people have done the same), plus it makes it easier for the driver to understand if the car goes into limp home mode because of a bigger issue because "the cars indicating the transmissions stuffed", even if its something not related to the trans

I guess if you think about it, it works, just we tend to over think it because to us to Service the vehicle is to change the oil and filters.
This stuff is esentially aimed at people with less technical ability or understanding then us to pressure them into having it looked at.

BURK3Z

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS Z Series Ute
Hey all,

I have just had this 'Service Vehicle Soon' error message come up today randomly and I have been reading this thread and the problem from what everyone has been saying is that the 'oil pressure switch' is faulty and may need replacing.

The only reason I ask is that I have installed an after market full exhaust system (XForce) + extractors (Pacemakers), so the problem could also have to do with the emissions and O2 sensor from the new exhaust, but I have had the exhaust on for a few months and have had it serviced since its installation and the error message has just randomly come out of the blue today and pops up every few minutes.

Any advice & suggestions would be much appreciated :)

Cheers

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
Best way is pull the plug off the oil pressure sender and check if it has oil on the terminals, if it does it's probably that, if it doesn't have oil on it, then you can probs tick it off your list and source the real cause

BURK3Z

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS Z Series Ute
Too easy cheers mate ill check that out and go from there

garyaustar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim 2005 6 Cylinder
To Stop SVS Message!

How do i clear this off the dash screen. Its so anoying evert time i pull up at the lights it comes on and beeps its driving me crazy. HELP PLEASE

I Found that Replacing the oil Sensor Switch, Which is on the Oil filter Housing, Clears the Message, Repco Charge Between $60-00 Trade Price, & $120-00, Retail, Depending on Whether or not You Have a Trade Account , with Repco.

Nedkelly05

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 holden statesmen 5.7l
When you change the oil pressure switch. Do you have to drain oil at all. Can anyone post a photo of the position of the oil pressure switch. I have the code on a 2005 5.7l statesman.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
When you change the oil pressure switch. Do you have to drain oil at all. Can anyone post a photo of the position of the oil pressure switch. I have the code on a 2005 5.7l statesman.

You don't need to drain any oil from the engine
The oil pressure switch is located at the rear of the inlet manifold
The picture below shows the location of the oil pressure switch....Inlet manifold obviously not fitted in this picture

LS1 oil pressure switch (2).jpg

Last edited: