Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VY] HID H11 INSTALL for VY Calais / Berlina / HSV adsl only!

sp001in

vyma100
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ute
on a standard headlight, turning your high beam on will result in both hi beam and low beam lights lit.

on the calais / berlina light, selecting hi beam or low beam will extinguish the opposite light. unless you have your low beams on, and pull the momentary high beam switch towards you. this will illuminate both high and low beams together.

I am unaware of how to make the low beam stay on with the calais light when high beam is selected. but it is good for getting through traffic the way it is wired. looks like a D car coming up behind.

statement

reaching new limits
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY/VZ Calais/Tonner
when convertin from the reflector lens to the projector, to make both come on when in hi beam mode. you need to bridge the wires just behind the steering wheel, i think its the white one, check the car manual (hynnes or gregory) under the wiring section it highlighted in there.

also to the OP have you had any troubles with the battery? i installed mine an now if i dont touch the car for a week my battery goes dead, i think a cell gone tho thought i would ask first

VXWAGMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series 2 V8 Berlina Wagon A4
Has anyone had any issues on VZ Commodore with HID install with ABS warning light comming on when you switch the lights on? I don't get it on my VX but the VZ does weird things when you switch them on. Anyone got any ideas?

VYHDT

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY HDT
when convertin from the reflector lens to the projector, to make both come on when in hi beam mode. you need to bridge the wires just behind the steering wheel, i think its the white one, check the car manual (hynnes or gregory) under the wiring section it highlighted in there.

also to the OP have you had any troubles with the battery? i installed mine an now if i dont touch the car for a week my battery goes dead, i think a cell gone tho thought i would ask first

Yeah got around to doing that cheers

sp001in

vyma100
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ute
Hey Mate, I just ordered the same kit off ebay but in the 6000k for my VY berlina with projectors. How'd you go with the shape of the cut-off etc? does it flick up at all? Cheers

you lost me mate, what cut off? and what flicks up?

boordy_23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 2003 "HBD" Berlina
Haha, sorry. With the Projector lens when aimed at a garage wall of whatever, there is a certain cut off line where the light does not reach above. With the lenses not designed for HID globes this line can be flicked up and not straight, usually on the left hand side. Did you notice this at all? Basically, did you have to adjust your lights when you fitted them? Cheers

sp001in

vyma100
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ute
Ahhh, ok, yes both flick up. yes I had to adjust them. but it is only a case of 2 screws on each headlight. up & down, and left to right.