Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

hoons cars being wrecked online

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
I know if i spent thousands upon thousands on my car that i love, and was caught drag racing, i would try my luck doing a runner. What are they going to do, crush their car twice?
you will prob end up with a very large fine and maybe imprisonment.

..and get beaten with a baton once they catch you and possibly tasered if you still resist :p

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
I agree clearer definitions of hooning is required. The law is too ambiguos. I think this law should be introduced for serial hoons. People who have lost their licence before for hooning and haven't learnt their lesson. The risk you find with this sort of tactic is people will run instead of stop for police. Police already cop enough flack for car chases. What's going to happen when some kid dies running from the police. Or kills someone else?

Why in America where the law is more strict do we have more police chases? Simple, if you think you're going to be ****ed by the law you run.

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
The fact is, these guys sacrifice time and money for their cars, obviously if they have been caught for street racing, they arent going to just pull over on the side of the street and allow the coppers to take their car.?

I think youve just confirmed my point, they(antisocial hoons) wouldnt think twice about endangering the lives of the public and makes them no different from any other criminal fleeing the seen of a crime.

Low_VX_Taxi

Blanned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blundstone boots
Seems to be a typical response from antisocial hoons, "try and take my car and Ill kill innocent people"......so let us hoons do as we wish. And dont chase us after we pull a bank robbery, all we smash into some innocent people there too
No, decent society is not going to be held to ransom by these morons, fail to pull over when directed and attempt to evade police with more dangerous driving etc......lets up the penalty on that one to a few years jail. Possibly the police wont need to go for the chase if they have the rego.......they maynot be able to prove who was driving, but the car will go even if itts registered to your grandma.

Yep im 1 hoon right here! It even says that on my unblemished full unrestricted licence.... i will agree im antisocial... not due to choice but im too bloody busy with work!

Your post is 100% typical of a misinformed person who doesnt live in the real world... I will reiterate in other terms so that you understand the situation I was trying to portray:

A typical "Hoon" who obviously has no regards for the law or others isn't going to stop, and although the police will stop a chase (in N.S.W) when the chase is deemed to be dangerous (to others and those involved) the "Hoon" may still take greater risks as their is more to lose (in their views), this may endanger people....

Once the police get the "hoons" numberplates they will pretty much have no need to continue the chase....The person who owns the car will recieve a nice fine if its not too serious or if it is a nice detective(s) will pay them a visit....

This car crushing works in theory BUT as mentioned there needs to be a solid definition of what "hooning" is, otherwise there is too much room for interpretation or exploitation.

Impound the cars and sell them off, give the proceeds to crash or car related accident victims/families.... then the cars arn't "wasted" and the victims/families recieve the recompense they deserve

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
Your post is 100% typical of a misinformed person who doesnt live in the real world... I will reiterate in other terms so that you understand the situation I was trying to portray:
Dont live in the real world?, well the hoons that endanger life and disturb the peace are real enough in my neighbourhood. Another person agreeing with me, must be losing it!:
A typical "Hoon" who obviously has no regards for the law or others isn't going to stop, and although the police will stop a chase (in N.S.W) when the chase is deemed to be dangerous (to others and those involved) the "Hoon" may still take greater risks as their is more to lose (in their views), this may endanger people....
This is why there has to be very large penalties for those that attempt to evade/burn off the police with dangerous high speed driving........more than just losing the car, and as suggested before, some "quality" jail time for those who consider their car is worth more than a human life. (Im sure that would be an effective detterent)

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
The driver should be killed not the car!!!!

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Be dramatic dont you think? Maybe you should go write stories for Home and Away. The guy wasnt saying "the anit social hoons" are going to hold the innocent hostage. The fact is, these guys sacrifice time and money for their cars, obviously if they have been caught for street racing, they arent going to just pull over on the side of the street and allow the coppers to take their car. The police are going to have to be prepared for people to run, and if they do run, police are going to need to weigh up the advanatges and disadvantages of chasing these people.

I know if i spent thousands upon thousands on my car that i love, and was caught drag racing, i would try my luck doing a runner. What are they going to do, crush their car twice?

LOL, if you are running you have broken the law, you obviously know this because you have decided to run, perhaps do not break the law first and none of this will matter?
I wont mind seeing people run from the Police, most Police chases end very happily, with the criminal killing themselves and their idiot mates. So please all you people who run or would run from the police for the love of God hit the biggest pole you can find at the fastest speed you can go.

Greekos

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs acclaim S2
oh great another debate hahaha, the idea of hoons is stupid and a total waste of time. there has been laws for dangerous driving before the 80's yet now it is seen as a major problem because of a select few drivers of today see a movie and go out and race and drive like tools. all i have to say learn to live with it because the media and general public need something to talk about. ha evertime i go to work i hear the chef talk about p platers racing and being hoons when a few years ago he was the one creating smoke shows after work. [rant/]

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
oh great another debate hahaha, the idea of hoons is stupid and a total waste of time. there has been laws for dangerous driving before the 80's yet now it is seen as a major problem because of a select few drivers of today see a movie and go out and race and drive like tools. all i have to say learn to live with it because the media and general public need something to talk about. ha evertime i go to work i hear the chef talk about p platers racing and being hoons when a few years ago he was the one creating smoke shows after work. [rant/]

see this is what gets my back up!
all you ever here about is p platers this p platers that! but as i have pointed out to my wife on many many occasions, its most often than not OLDER drivers i see taking the stupid risks! for example every time we go shopping with our kids or pick our son up from school its always older drivers, driving through the car park @ 40kph that nearly run you over:mad: & i always see older drivers doing 70kph through our sons sons 40kph school zones:ranting: cant they read the damn speed limit times like every body else??and when ever i see someone speeding through a round about or pulling out impatiently its 90% of the time older drivers! & yes i am a p driver but only for another 5 months! it just annoys me when i see these people on TT and ACA having a winge about all young drivers when i see a lot of older drivers doing stupid stuff & yet these kind of shows make them look as if the sun shines from there ass, typical baby boomer generation crap!!!

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
I wont mind seeing people run from the Police, most Police chases end very happily, with the criminal killing themselves and their idiot mates. So please all you people who run or would run from the police for the love of God hit the biggest pole you can find at the fastest speed you can go.

And they are then followed by a week of rioting, macquarie fields, redfern etc etc.