Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How much are 02/03 VY LS1 commodores these days?

muso

Reaction score
Members Ride
BA xr6 turbo Heinrich tuned to 300 rwkw's
I have been looking at BA XR6's and VY's, but really want to find a VY with an LS1 V8 fitted, they have been around since 2002 and are getting older now.

I do believe there is an executive model with an LS1 in it but it probably is a police pack which is OK bar the removed sound deadening material (I like quiet cars) does anyone have any idea how much these go for these days? And how common are they?

I've also considered buying a V6 VY and putting an LS1 in it but it would cost more than buying a factory LS1 to start with so I forgot about doing that.

My other option is an SV8 or an SS which tend to be anything from 23K-30K+ depending on km's, I did see an SV8 (auto) with higher km's for about 19K (I think) a while ago, what prices have other people seen them for? You can get an atmo XR6 for about 16K with higher km's but that is not an LS1 and the extra 2 cylinders make a huge difference to the demand.

Last edited:

kave1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series 2 v8 berlina
I have been looking at BA XR6's and VY's, but really want to find a VY with an LS1 V8 fitted, they have been around since 2002 and are getting older now.

I do believe there is an executive model with an LS1 in it but it probably is a police pack which is OK bar the removed sound deadening material (I like quiet cars) does anyone have any idea how much these go for these days? And how common are they?

I've also considered buying a V6 VY and putting an LS1 in it but it would cost more than buying a factory LS1 to start with so I forgot about doing that.

My other option is an SV8 or an SS which tend to be anything from 23K-30K+ depending on km's, I did see an SV8 (auto) with higher km's for about 19K (I think) a while ago, what prices have other people seen them for? You can get an atmo XR6 for about 16K with higher km's but that is not an LS1 and the extra 2 cylinders make a huge difference to the demand.
i bought my LS1 berlina with 79000klm on the clock in november last year for $23000.VY series 2 tint, LSD,HBD rear wing 12 mths rego, i think they are still pulling the same money

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
SV8's are basically an exc. with LS1.
If you can afford the extra buy an ss, getting a little cheaper these days.

muso

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks guys, I've checked the red book prices average for private sale:
02 VY SV8 Auto $15,000-$18,000
02 VY SS Auto$18,700-$22,200
02 VY Berlina 5.7 $14,200-$17,200
03 " " " $15,300-$18,300
02 Calais 5.7 $!&,700-$21,000

Are these figures somewhat conservative, I see VY Berlina V6's for 20K private sale I have never seen prices as cheap as these for the Gen 3, or are people asking too much for them or more importantly paying too much for them?

Just_Ice

Reaction score
my understanding is that vy's didnt come out with the ls1 in the executive, SV8's go from about $20g

Some Police departments still used the VY LS1 Executive.

Holden also made several HBD Executives LS1... There was one made for each dealer I believe........ My bro has one and bought it new..

muso

Reaction score
Members Ride
Some Police departments still used the VY LS1 Executive.

Holden also made several HBD Executives LS1... There was one made for each dealer I believe........ My bro has one and bought it new..

What does 'HBD' mean? Any idea how much these VY Exec LS1's go for?
I have been looking recently in the papers and any VY's with LS1's in them seem to be 24K approx no matter how old they are, but a VX with an LS1 can be picked up for as little as 13-15K if you look, I know the VY is a new model but I can't see that justifying such a huge leap in price for the LS1 versions.

03vyPplater

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY V6 Ute
HBD- Holden By Design
go to the holden website and you can see al the stuff they can do, eg accelerator on the steering wheel for the disabled, my dads mate has a model that does that.

Just_Ice

Reaction score
No idea what they gor for 2nd hand...... Have never seen one for sale....