Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Immobiliser Problems

eh2o

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim
Ok....Disconnecting Battery Method...FAILED

Next????????????

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
eh2o said:
Ok....Disconnecting Battery Method...FAILED

Next????????????
'

do you mean the error code is there after battery disconnected?

eh2o

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim
i mean the car stil fails to kick over..... it will crank but not kick.. have not tried to check the error code again today, to depressed...

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
if the engine is turning over & not firing its not an immobiliser problem.

start looking elsewhere
does it have fuel & spark, & by fuel i mean full pressure?

Rob

eh2o

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim
i did a re test and still get error code 31...Theft Deterent signal missing... no other code.

When my Immobiliser was working fine the Warning light would come on as soon as my key was out of the ignition, now it does not come on until after 30sec, or locking the car.

Will Codes reset when error has been fixed??? or willi have to manually do it, it the problem was not the 31 and i did the battery disonected for over 10mins would that reset it

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
Hi, my cousin had a simmilar problem in his excel. I removed the immobisar wires from the harness. They just unpluged and the original harness just plugged back together. This got him going again until he had the immobiliser fixed. I dont know if it will work on yours but it will only take 5 mins to try.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Have you considered your crank angle sensor? Could be DFI module as well. Could also be ECU but thats less likely. ECU is expensive, so pray thats not your problem. I would be suspecting crank angle sensor. Check that the connector on the side of the dfi module is nice and tight. Check that you are getting a spark from the spark plug leads. If not you can put a light in the little pulse wires (sorry I dont know the name - near the top of the engine there are six wires which pulse - signal comes from crank angle sensor and tells spark plugs when to fire). If the light flashes problem is likely to be from the dfi module. If there is no flashing it is very likely to be a crank angle sensor. About $120 - $160 to get replaced including labor. Make sure the connector is on the crank angle sensor. Get back to us and let us know what it was. Can you hear the fuel prime before you try to start the car (just before you go to try to turn it over).

eh2o

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim
UPDATE.... I left the battery disconnected over night and tried the car again this morning... STILL NOT KICKING OVER..... i then got the trusty Self tester out (paper clip) and the only code that came out was code 12 which is all clear.... so i took the clip out, tried to kick the car over, lock, unlock. and went to test it again... low and behold still code 12....... so mayb just maybe i have fixed that part of the problem.......

Kooper69..... wouldn't the CAS come up on the error code?... have not been listening for my fuel pump.. will do next time.
what is a DFI Module? and where is it located?
Doctor Bob....fuel & spark...where do i start

i have done a search thru the forum and there is also talk of the coil pack
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=25765&highlight=immobiliser

elljay

Reaction score
Members Ride
Slammed VS Berlina
When you try start it hold it for at least 1 sec. If the BCM or TDM does not receive a signal from the ECU when the ignition is switched on, there will be a 1 sec delay in the operation of the starter motor after the ignition key is moved to the start position.