Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Immobiliser Problems

elljay

Reaction score
Members Ride
Slammed VS Berlina
If this is the case, Switch the ignition on and check that there is 4 - 6 volts at the diagnosis connector terminal 9. If 4 - 6 volts is not available, check the wiring between the diagnosis connector, the ECU connector terminal A8 or C11 and the TDM or the BCM for a short to earth on an open circuit.

eh2o

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim
Ok... spoke with holden... they advised if the immobiliser as the problem the code 31 would still be showing. and also that the car would not crank which it does... so its something else........

When i turn the key on there is no sound comming from the fuel pump.... could it be the fuel pump...

traversleigh said:
check the wiring between the diagnosis connector, the ECU connector terminal A8 or C11 and the TDM or the BCM for a short to earth on an open circuit.
What the?:confused: im a back yarder with limited knowledge:confused:

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
is the any thing happening when key is on ? like is it trying to fire?, if it were fuel pump injectors etc, the car will sound like its trying to start. if its not trying to start, Try starting the car in N not P see how ya go

eh2o

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim
OK... CAR FIXED.... Problem, Initialy it was the immobiliser (maybe)
But i replaced the fuel Pump and the filter and away she goes..

But i have a therory with the immobiliser maybe it was never the immobiliser. im thinking the fuel filter sh*t its self, i thought it was the immobiliser, Locksmith came out done the key(wrong) Hence the Now Error code31... locksmith came out again done the key again (properly) i reset the ECU ....No error code..... then replaced the fuel pump and presto....what do u guys think?????

joesvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS Wagon
when you disconnected your battery you got code 12 a few times, i thought disconnecting your battery to reset your ECU also cleared your fault codes, i could be wrong.
good to hear you got it going again!
i think the locksmith jipped you and it was the fuel pump all along.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Error 12 will always come up. I dont believe it was ever the immobiliser. The fuel pump did sh*t itself by the sounds of it.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
good to hear its going.
Theres a valuable lesson to be learnt here, never jump in without all the information.lol
the code 31 will be present in most cars if the key or reader is a bit suss.
the simple fact that it was cranking tells me that the key was being read ok, then you check fuel & spark...no fuel...problem solved

Cheers Rob