Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is anyone considering the NG commodore after their VF?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Wonder how much they've factored the fact that Opel designs everything for them, in this fire-sale?

Given my impression of how the gurus from Detroit operate....no factoring at all would be my guess.

Having said that, maybe they will be reliant on the Aus design team to carry the load. Likely do a better job anyway.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
You reckon that once Peugeot buys Opel, they'll let General Motors use re-badged Peugeot cars anywhere in the world? :D

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
Not unless they have a NG ute...

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
I hope this saves the Commodore from the embarrassment that was going to be the NG.
Not sure what the phuk Holden dealers are meant to be selling to customers now... Daewoo shite I guess.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I hope this saves the Commodore from the embarrassment that was going to be the NG.
Not sure what the phuk Holden dealers are meant to be selling to customers now... Daewoo shite I guess.
Next year's rebadging of the Insignia as a Commodore would be a done deal so will still happen ... and if everything to follow is Daewoo like the nasty Malibu then the current or next-year Opel Holdens will be the last of the decent Holdens. Imagine a future full of Captiva & Cruze ...

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
Next year's rebadging of the Insignia as a Commodore would be a done deal so will still happen ... and if everything to follow is Daewoo like the nasty Malibu then the current or next-year Opel Holdens will be the last of the decent Holdens. Imagine a future full of Captiva & Cruze ...

Yes I'm confident the NG will still happen, but it's very early days yet. I believe it's been stated by PSA that existing contracts until 2020 will be honoured, so it would seem potentially the NG may only have a life of 2 or 3 years, then Holden pickup something Asian based. For Astra, I guess look at the upcoming sedan as an indicator. I'm pretty confident the NG will be quite a good car in its own right, as the Astra looks to be a pretty good thing right now, but if it's condemned to be only sold for 2 or 3 years, I think the numbers that are sold will be less than current predictions. Holden have got some work to do in the marketing department by the time the NG is released. I guess it's likely Opel products will then make another appearance here, but not under the Holden brand.

Last edited:

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Orphaned vehicles don't generally do well due to the specter of uncertainty. I guess the NG will get Chevy SS treatment.
Anecdotally it sounds like the new Astra has been underwhelming for sales to date.

Dirty Harry

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY17 Series 2 Redline - Red Hot
after NG, GM might try to flog off rebadged Malibu's as Commodores next? Gawd help us if that ever happened.